Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning & Development Consultant (PBB)
Job ID: 17362
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Human Capital: attracting and retaining key talent, providing learning and development initiatives, governance of performance management and reward schemes, centres of excellence to drive and embed Standard Bank values and culture.
- To deliver professional and quality learning solutions, training and related staff development programmes to all staff of the Stanbic IBTC Bank’s Personal and Business Banking unit (PBB).
- The initiatives implemented are to align with the strategic intent and direction of the overall business and result in improved individual and business performance.
- To ensure that all programmes implemented result in positive return on investment for the business
- Own the process of ensuring that the learning and development needs of the PBB unit staff are proactively identified and met.
- Ensure all programmes implemented result in a positive return on investment and impact the bottom line positively by measuring the impact of key learning initiatives with a view to determining ROI (Return on training investments)
- Update learning intervention materials in line with policy/procedural/legislative changes.
- Update existing learning Pathway per role for PBB staff
- Render periodic (monthly, quarterly and annual ) L&D activity reports to the business and the line.
- Facilitate learning / training programmes
- Partner with the PBB unit in ensuring a structured approach to the delivery of identified needs.
- Vendor engagement: Identify suitable training vendors and ensure satisfactory delivery of programmes.
- Own the process of developing Personal Development Plans for all PBB staff.
- Implementation of Personal Development Plans in the most cost effective manner
- Ensure alignment of leaning and development programmes to the Personal and Business Banking (PBB) Unit’s strategy
- Deliver an e-learning framework and content for PBB
- Drive the usage of online learning and alternative learning platforms
- Influence behaviours towards desired change
Administration of Initiatives:
- Ensure the tracking of all course attendance via SAP LSO across the business
- Devise monitoring tools and thereafter monitor effectiveness of training and other people development activities.
- Manage overall Learning and Development budget – keep track of L&D expenditure ensuring reconciliation of L&D accounts
- Management of the Learning & Development centre
- Establish monitoring and evaluation of programmes to ensure the right people are developed, their performance improved and that there is a return on investment for the business
Team Work & Managing Relationships:
- Establish and leverage relationships with third party training suppliers
- Effective relationship management within the L&D team to ensure achievement of business goals
- Work with HC and business leadership to identify and implement Leadership development initiatives.
- Build effective relationships, influence and motivate business leaders to ensure their wholehearted commitment to effective application of people development policies and practices e.g. coaching, capability mapping, people plans etc.
- Share best practice with, and provide feedback to, the business leadership on people related issues, climate and local development and initiatives.
- Consult with the business functional leadership and HC Business Partners (HC BP) to establish priority needs within Stanbic IBTC annually
- Work closely with the HC team and the business leaders to deliver exceptional business performance through the provision of first class people development initiatives.
- Personal update of information from circulars/GRG
- Personal accreditation as Master Assessor
- Flawless consulting skills
- Business Acumen
- Lead training in line with new business initiatives – own responsibility
- Certified on “Train the Trainer”.
Consult with the line:
- Provide advice to business units/Point of Representation (POR’s) regarding learning interventions e.g. content, target audience, availability, delivery channels, description of learning intervention, expected learning outcomes etc.
- Act as change agent
- Establish close working relationships with countries, matrix managers, line manager, HC managers and all other stakeholders in supporting the business plan / strategies.
- Conduct needs analyses/skills audits in the business to ascertain knowledge and skills gaps and the relevance of current core learning interventions e.g. Content, target audience, availability, delivery channels etc.
Key Performance Measures
- Ensure a continuous alignment of learning interventions with training requirements.
- Increased demand for learning interventions
- Up to date, relevant learning interventions
- Improvement in the feedback from internal clients in response to bi-annual service questionnaire
- Migration of traditional training to alternative learning products, methods and channels
- Increased stakeholder satisfaction in line
- Productivity – Plan to achieve most cost effective delivery at 60 % of available working days per month
- Multi-skilling on 5 core learning interventions
- Personal Development Plan objectives met
- Migration of traditional learning to alternative learning products/methods and channels
- Increased stakeholder satisfaction in the line as a result of improved skills/competencies in the business
- ED, Personal and Business Banking (PBB)
- Zonal Managers
- Regional Managers
- All other PBB staff
- Branch Managers
- Head, Personal Banking
- Head, Business Banking
- Head, Commercial Banking etc.
- Programme Vendors
- Standard Bank Group Head office Learning and Development team
- Counterparts in other Standard Bank countries
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a 2.2 first degree in any relevant social science course.
- A Master’s degree or a Professional certificate in Human Resources will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in HR / people development roles with a good understanding of delivery of Learning and Development interventions.
- Previous experience in business line will be an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th June, 2016.