Nextier Capital Limited is an investment and multi-competency advisory firm with a primary focus on agriculture, power and petroleum. With offices in Abuja, Enugu, and Lagos, we provide a full range of services to our clients with a goal of becoming their most trusted advisor.
We achieve this goal by providing counsel to our clients in the areas of policy design, strategy consulting, performance management and research. At Nextier, we are focused on helping our clients achieve excellent results.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Staff Writer
- Staff Writer, IMPACT! – A Quarterly Policy Magazine of Nextier.
- The primary responsibility of the Staff Writer is to manage Nextier’s quarterly magazine, IMPACT!, and produce superior written content that supports Nextier’s objectives of driving sustained impact in Nigeria’s public sector.
- This position is also responsible for managing content across Nextier’s corporate and affiliated websites, and ensuring they are regularly updated.
- The Staff Writer will work with other Nextier policy analysts to produce thoughtful and superior written content across web and print platforms.
- The Staff Writer will work collaboratively with Nextier’s design team to create compelling print and online materials that are attractive to Nextier’s key audiences.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Write, edit and produce four IMPACT! magazines annually, working with other Nextier policy analysts and a graphic designer to ensure attractive and prompt delivery, as well as working with Nextier’s quality assurance team to ensure technical accuracy and relevancy. This includes magazine planning, writing and production oversight.
- Write daily/weekly blog posts for IMPACT! magazine website that highlight Nextier’s core objective of driving sustained impact across Nigeria’s public sector.
- Oversee upkeep and maintenance of Nextier and IMPACT! Websites
- Building traffic for Nextier and IMPACT! websites and bringing in a new audience
- Work closely with Nextier’s senior leadership to decide content objectives and focus.
- Direct an online editorial strategy to promote Nextier’s objectives of driving sustained impact across Nigeria’s public sector. This will be achieved through an aggressive online media strategy that will reach several target audiences, including key decision makers and influencers in public sector institutions in Nigeria.
Education and Work Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree with a Second Class (Upper Division). A Master’s Degree would be an added advantage.
- At least two years experience in a knowledge-focused company. Consulting experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience with technical or policy writing is a plus.
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to write quickly and effectively in a fast-paced working environment.
- Basic understanding of WordPress and related systems.
- Superb interviewing, writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation.
- Must be a proactive team player and have a positive, customer service attitude.
- Original thinking, the ability to think independently, and problem solve both within the team environment and independently.
- Interest and curiosity about the governance challenges facing Nigeria.
- Ability to synthesize complicated technical or policy documents quickly and accurately for a lay audience.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure while maintaining humour and high energy.
- Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment, manage multiple assignments and coordinate with all levels within the organisation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their resumes to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 30th October, 2015.