S&S hotels and suites remain the hotel of choice for the business traveler who requires a convenient central location offering a welcome haven that feels like a second home and the unrivalled services personified by the warmth and dedication of our staff, as well as the discerning leisure traveler seeking the captivating dining and limitless nightlife destinations within walking distance of the hotel.
Described as an urban oasis, this luxury boutique hotel nestled in the heart of Victoria Island, the business capital of Lagos, offers unique style, spacious guestrooms and suites and especially gracious services that make it an ideal getaway spot for business and leisure travelers alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
- Maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must have the skills in: Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization.
- A minimum of first Degree is required.
- A Master Degree will be an added advantage.
- Must be residing in Lagos or willing to relocate to Lagos.
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- File and maintain records.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Perform duties, such as taking care of plants or straightening magazines to maintain lobby or reception area.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers or the public.
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Keep a current record of staff members’ whereabouts and availability.
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Minimum of OND/HND in any relevant field.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be a computer literate.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good verbal reasoning, written and presentation skills.
Job Title: Waiter/Waitress
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Write patrons’ food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
- Should possess relevant qualification.
- Must be able to read and write.
- High moral character and integrity.
- Prior experience in the role above will be an added advantage.
Application Deadline 15th January, 2016