Spark & Light Nigeria Limited is a wholly indigenous company providing specialized engineering, environmental management care and protection, oil and gas services, construction and other interrelated and integrated sectors of service provision in Nigeria.
We are duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC) with incorporation number RC: 980429.
Spark & Light Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the vacant job positions below:
Job Title: System Support Analyst
- Act as primary contact for desktop support and helpdesk requests, escalating requests to colleagues and management as necessary
- Undertake assigned system and network administration activities as required
- Undertake as required Active Directory administration
- Engage in discussions towards solution design services for the business for all areas of the desktop, server and communications systems
- Assist with providing internal telephone support, including mobile communications
- Take part in maintenance for Infrastructure and communications systems as required
- Participate in disaster recovery activities as required
- Adhere to published standards and policies as required, both locally and globally
- Take part in technical tasks required to ensure technical infrastructure meets required information security standards
- Proactively provide suggestions for potential improvements to the hardware and software infrastructure
- Perform hardware/software installations and upgrade existing hardware/software as required and in accordance with internal standards
- Testing of software applications
- Identify potential problems/issues and communicate these to management
- Maintain a client and service focused attitude at all times and enhance the image of the department and the departments role within the business
- Participate in internal projects as required to implement new/improved system infrastructure facilities
- To carry out the diagnosis and resolution of problems experienced by Users, including external Clients as appropriate
- Provide timely resolution for all issues raised and tasks allocated, keeping management and users proactively updated on the progress of these items
- Create and maintain growing and comprehensive knowledge base.
- Ensure change control procedures are followed for all aspects of the infrastructure
- Gather, assess and communicate critical information on a timely basis by interacting with a broad set of teams and work with client/supplier technology teams to overcome end to end service issues.
- Production of a detailed briefing note to support all upgrades, communicate to operators at the time of the upgrade and publish on the company intranet.
- Gather the customer’s information, determine the customer’s issue by analysing the symptoms, to identify underlying problem.
- Delivery of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook training up to advanced level.
- Participate in project work as required
- Any other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum of HND or degree in Computer science, Information Management Systems, Business information systems or any other relevant discipline.
- Relevant industry certifications desirable
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an IT support role
- Experience in delivering customer-focused ICT support, in a demanding environment within specified timescales
- IT Helpdesk experience required.
- Troubleshooting and supporting Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office products, desktop and laptop hardware
- You will have advanced technical awareness, incident management, problem management expertise which includes configuration troubleshooting and performance tuning of applications, carrying out incident investigations and route cause analysis through to resolution.
- Sound understanding of operating system security principles
- The ability to research, gather and analyse data, identify trends, compile information and prepare reports and recommendations.
- Working with a range of external suppliers
- Proven technical knowledge in problem resolution and incident escalation.
- Candidate must be a client focused and results oriented individual with plenty of drive, energy, enthusiasm and enjoys working under pressure
- Strong analytical and investigative skills along with the ability to resolve issues in a high pressure time critical environment and possess excellent attention to detail and high quality standards
- A clear, confident and professional communication skills with the ability to communicate and interact with Clients, Service users, Senior Stakeholders and colleagues aswell as knowledge sharing to enhance the overall quality of the team.
Job Title: Environmental & Sustainability Manager
- Developing and implementing environmental strategies and action plans that ensure corporate sustainable development;
- Coordinating all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy.
- Leading the implementation of environmental policies and practices;
- Ensuring compliance with environmental legislation
- Liaising with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies;
- Auditing, analysing and reporting environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Carrying out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce environmental risks and financial costs.
- Developing and implementing environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of S&L Nig.Ltd on the environment;
- Identifying potential areas for environmental improvement projects and initiatives.
- Operation of the Waste Management System in accordance with the relevant regulations.
- Management of all third party waste service providers.
- Coordinating public hearings and consultations on environmental matters;
- Managing relations with the board of directors, senior management and internal staff;
- Ensuring EMS objectives and targets are implemented in a prompt and effective manner.
- Training staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities;
- Participating in environmental education and research;
- Negotiating environmental service agreements and managing associated costs and revenues;
- Writing environmental reports, assuming the lead responsibility with the company;
- Being proactive about corporate social responsibility issues and taking action to ensure these are met;
- Setting organisational sustainability targets, and developing plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
- Energy performance targets.
- From time to time carry out related functions or other reasonable ad hoc duties as may be required by any of the Company Directors
- Minimum of Degree or HND in Earth Sciences, Environmental Health, Environmental Sciences or Engineering with a sustainability focus.
- Previous experience in a similar position is required to be successful in this role.
- Master’s degree or higher membership of a relevant professional body is desirable.
- Has a strong working knowledge of HSS&Q systems.
- Can demonstrate a strong track record in working off their own initiative to reduce cost and improve service.
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Show initiative to recognise emerging problems and pro-actively develop solutions using methods such as systems thinking.Demonstrate strong leadership and influence
- Demonstrate a high level of computer literacy.
- Be self-motivated and be able to motivate staff at all levels
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Manage projects as well as produce and deliver presentations;
- Establish effective networks within the company and with external organisations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 20th February, 2017.