Since our inception, SENCE has been totally focused on building a strategic, quality consulting practice. We are committed to helping SMEs succeed in a challenging and tasking environment by providing them with the support they need to survive and grow.
Roles and Responsibilities
The following are the roles and responsibilities for this role;
• Overall responsibility for daily operations in the kitchen
• Liaising with kitchen staff for food orders
• Maintaining or raising the profit margins on food
• Liaising with suppliers for food orders and purchase
• Producing menus and new dishes
• Managing, training and recruiting cooks
• Manage and work closely with other cooks, create menu items and determine food inventory needs.
• Ensure the kitchen and its output meets all regulations, including sanitary and safety guidelines.
• Take part in the creation of recipes and the preparation of advanced items, while assigning less complicated tasks to cooks.
• Making sure food is of the right quality and price and is produced on time
• Managing stocks of food
• Controlling a budget and keeping accurate records
• Managing health and hygiene procedures
• Organising the staff duty roster.
• Recruiting, training and developing staff.
• Ensure continued efficiency of the kitchen and production of consistent, quality food.
• Kitchen Management: Menu planning, food costing, Inventory control, food sanitation and kitchen management.
• Leadership Skills: Good administration, leadership and customer service skills.
• Attention to details: Must have eye for details and be able to verify the correctness or error of orders and/or recipes.
• Competency in handling large and small volumes of food preparation.
• A hands-on team player with a positive attitude and customer 1st mindset.
Mindful of food quality, food portioning and food presentation at all times
• Decision Making Skills.
• Energetic, creative, Committed and Team Player
• Negotiating Skills
• Leadership Skills
• Good planning and organizing skills
• Language skills – ability to speak and write in English
• Ability to work under stress
• Ability to multi-task and work independently
• Excellent cooking skills
• An understanding of produce and ingredients
• The ability to write menus that are both creative and profitable
• Minimum of Diploma in Catering and Hotel Management or Food Administration or equivalent training certificate a tertiary institution or a reputable catering institute
• Health and safety and food hygiene certificate
• Four to seven years experience preferably in similar industry and capacity.
• Experience supervising personnel.
Method of Application
To apply for this role, click here