Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Sourcing Specialist
Job Purpose/ Key Objectives
- Source, pre-qualify, select and recommend credible Suppliers for company’s operations.
- Source for rig and other equipment and services that will be needed for offshore operations.
- Ensure timely preparation of Invitation to Tenders for the offshore project.
- Implements sourcing plans with the goal of assuring specified quality, required delivery times and minimizing the total cost of the products and services.
- Documents performance to action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects.
- Conducts Request for Information/Quotation/Proposal (RFI/Q/P) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
- Evaluates current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits, in coordination with SHES and Technical departments, to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service.
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Executes contract negotiation and development in coordination with Supply Chain Manager and Contract team.
- Selects a high-performance supply base.
- Effectively communicates with and maintains the highest degree of relations between the Company and all levels of supplier personnel.
- Builds strong relationships with internal customers in order to meet defined objectives.
- Follows existing processes and systems in view of efficient operations and continuously recommends improvement.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks.
- Complies with all Lekoil local procedures applicable to the job function including SHES.
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above.
- Lead initiatives and realize savings without compromising quality and time.
- Perform all other duties that are necessary and reasonably attached to this Sourcing Specialist position and the fulfillment of its responsibilities.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager, Supply Chain Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline (Compulsory)
- At least 10 – 15 years of work experience in Procurement and Sourcing functions in offshore exploration and production operations.
- 5 – 10 years field experience in exploration and production.
- Experience in a managerial or leadership role is mandatory.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Must be Analytical and structured.
- Thorough experience in Tendering and contracting for offshore exploration and production operations.
- Attention to detail and the ability to assimilate, appraise and extract information quickly when faced with numerous ad hoc queries.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Collaborative and interpersonal skill.
- Leadership attributes.
- Quick thinking and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Articulate and close attention to detail.
- Intense drive for excellence.