Solidarités International (SI) has not been active in Nigeria in the past and therefore has a limited experience in the country. SI sent a first exploratory team in Nigeria (North-Eastern States) for three weeks in April.
A continued presence of senior managers has been maintained since mid-May in Borno state and Abuja.
Organization of the mission
The mission has one coordination based in Abuja, composed of one Head of Mission, one administrative coordinator and one program coordinator. The project will be based in Maiduguri and implemented by an expatriate project manager, with a field coordinator, as well as a one month support from a MEAL coordinator. The support team will be composed in Maiduguri of one administrator and one logistic coordinator.
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator – Maiduguri
About the job
The logistics coordinator pilot logistics activities of the mission to ensure the smooth running of SI programs in the country.
He ensures the implementation of SI procedures and logistics tools on the mission and ensure their compliance and their proper use.
He helps define the mission strategy, drafting and design projects necessary means and activities SI.
He supports the head of mission in the operational safety.
He is the referent on the mission and the link between headquarters and the mission for any issue related to logistics.
Specific context of the post:
SI three folded operational strategy is divided has been thought to adapt to changing context and access. It will balance a direct intervention in accessible areas (Maiduguri city) and remote operations through a network of collaborators in non-covered outer LGAs, with potential ad hoc movements from the expatriates on site, would security conditions allow it.
This strategy takes into consideration access constraints, security restrictions, logistics issues and sensitivity of the different stakeholders.
In this opening and operationalization phase, the Logistic coordinator will be based in Maiduguri with frequent movements to Abuja, and will aim at managing both the support to the ongoing in Maiduguri, and the set up of a coordination base in Abuja.
This challenging mission will focus on three priorities
- In strong relation with PMs and with the field coordinator, manage and implement the purchase plan for Borno’s intervention
- In strong relation with the Head of mission, design and implement the logistic and security setup of the mission, with a focus on the identification of national collaborators profiles.
- Anticipate and prepare the logistic scale up of the mission for a second phase, with a prioritization put on the recruitment of national senior managers.
The Logistic coordinator will have the direct support of the head of mission, field coordinator and administrative coordinator, in the conduction of the above-mentioned priorities in a limited timeframe. Additional ad hoc support may be considered.
Education and experience
- Technical education or significant experience in the logistic sector
- Previous experience as a Log coordinator (1 year) a prerequisite
- Previous experience as a base log manager (1 year) a prerequisite
- Experience in mission opening, preferably within SI, appreciated
Knowledge and technical skills
- Expertise on local procurement
- Good and proven writing and spoke English are required
- Transferable skills in program appreciated
- Knowledge and experience of the Chad Lake basin area appreciated
- Multi-project support experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skill transfer ability highly appreciated
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities
- Great work capacity and stress management
- Capacity to work in complex and volatile environments
SI will offer you:
A salaried post: according to experience from 2000 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
For further information about SI, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Contact : Pauline CARTERY, Recruitment & Follow Up Officer
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
Click Here to Apply
NB : The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Closing date: 18 Sep 2016