Fosad Consulting Ltd is a business support services firm with offerings in Human Resource Management, Immigrations and Real Estate Consulting.
Job Title: Head, Software Unit
To have technical proficiency to work with both internal and external vendors to the support, design, development and Implementation of Insurance business applications that meet business specifications and support business objectives. To the satisfaction of both internal, external and web clients.
REPORTS TO: CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (CTO)
DIRECT REPORTS: APPLICATION SUPPORT AND DEVELOPERS
Business application users, process owners, developers
Business application vendors, external clients, and web clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide business applications to the business entities:
- Analyze problems and requests for changes and improvements across the business IT terrain
- Give Product technical leadership
- Develop solutions and deliver them into production.
- Other business decisions
- To coordinate with Technical Services & Systems Support teams.
- To provide user training and on-going user support.
- To manage Intranet and Internet content.
- Contract negotiation, problem escalation, etc.
- To continuously review business direction, business processes and available applications through:
- Business needs analysis
- Maintain a local Software Library
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Direct, control and motivate software development staff through involvement in recruitment, retention and ongoing communication.
- Develop a high performance service culture within the IT team
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of business objectives and targets.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled Applications team.
- Perform systems analysis and functional testing to troubleshoot application production issues as needed.
- Provide updates on work in progress, work completed, work planned, and issues potentially impacting the on time completion or quality level of work.
- Determination of appropriate automated solutions, including evaluation for future releases of proprietary software.
- To proactively;
- Participate in IT strategy planning.
- Peer reviews of work with other team members.
- Support of existing applications and provision of timely responses to both direct users and downstream
- Involvement with the definition of the future strategic technology solutions and systems
- To provide technical support:
- Resolving problems with technology suppliers where appropriate
- To proactively support and advice Business Entities on Business Services issues such as;
- Business projects
- Contribute to IT budgets in a timely manner in accordance with the company planning cycle.
- Set performance targets and goals for the department in alignment with IS plans and budgets.
- Promote adherence to security policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Service Level Agreements for all services provided are prepared and in place.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Services/Business (or equivalent)
- ITIL Service Management Foundation Certification
- 10-15 years in IT and business experience
- Strong background in development, online and in solution provisioning.
- Experience with support computing
- Software development background, experience with continuous integration and testing.
- Knowledge of Technology Risk as pertains to financial product knowledge
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply