Telvida is a specialist IT and telecommunication solution provider. We build on our knowledge and expertise in IT and Telecommunications technologies in the provision and management of specialist solutions.
We help clients plan, build, support and manage solutions to achieve their business communication goals; drawing on our experience in networking, security, storage and communication technologies and our unique skills in consulting, integration and managed services to create customised client solutions.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Software Engineer Job Vacany At Telvida.
Job Position: Software Engineer
- Software Engineer – PHP, MySQL – (two entry-level and one experienced (2 year+))
- Be responsible for implementing communication services websites and internal web-based applications.
- Be responsible for delivering elegant and maintainable code.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and dev-ops engineers to produce high quality web applications.
- Participate in Scrum estimations, daily standups, and sprint retrospectives.
- Have a passion for making great products where form equals function. You should be comfortable working in an open-ended environment where roles are flexible, everything is always changing, and communication is essential.
- Be part of a small, nimble team of designers and developers who love solving hard problems.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- 2+ years experience developing web applications
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in PHP and one other object-oriented language
- You love technology and solving challenging problems
- Entrepreneurial and get excited by seeing how your solutions grow the business
- You are at your best when in a fast-paced, growing environment
- You are constantly learning and playing around with new programming languages and open source technologies.
- Experience with MySQL and general relational database concepts
- Familiarity with common software design patterns
- Passion about producing elegant, maintainable code
- You know when the quick and dirty solution is appropriate and when it’s not
- Ability to interface with business stakeholders and engineers
- You love going from white board to prototype to production in a matter of days
- You have worked with (or willing to Learn) any of these technologies:
- PHP frameworks: Zend Framework, Symfony, CodeIgniter, Laravel
- No SQL: Solr / Lucene, Memcache, Couchbase, ElasticSearch, Cassandra
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letters to: [email protected]with the subject as “Software Engineer”.
Application Closing Date
1st of June, 2015.