Andela is a new type of technology staffing partner. Blending the best of outsourcing and in-house hiring, Andela will change how you think about sourcing technical talent.
The company is backed by investors including Steve Case, Omidyar Network, Founder Collective, Rothenberg Ventures, Learn Capital, Melo7 Tech Partners, and Chris Hughes. Andela has offices in North America and Africa.
Job Title: Soft Skills Trainer
Soft Skills Trainers train Fellows to master a comprehensive set of nontechnical skills (e.g. communication, team dynamics, problem solving) necessary for success as world-class remote software developer. Primary responsibility for the incoming Soft Skills Trainer will be to lead the MONTH ONE Program, an intensive 4-week soft skills onboarding program that aims to:
- Build a solid foundation for world-class performance with international software development companies.
- Utilize unconventional teaching methods that are highly engaging, student-driven, laser-focused on the specific needs of Andela clients, and reject the outdated and counterproductive status quo of traditional education models.
- Establish a culture of excellence, passion, collaboration, and integrity.
- Set clear and rigorous expectations for required effort and outcomes from the start of the 4-year Fellowship.
- Break and rebuild habits, mindsets, and beliefs while providing framework for developing extraordinary life and work practices.
- Teaching experience (teacher, coach, counselor, etc.).
- Master in energy manipulation within self and among groups
- Exceptional professional writing and public speaking abilities.
- Uncommon ability to coach and mentor others with a keen understand of their strengths, weaknesses, and learning styles.
- A good person who is driven by purpose, passion, constant learning, and the pursuit of excellence.
- Extraordinarily dynamic and adaptable high performer, capable of making progress on multiple high-priority tasks in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Unconventional thinker with unstoppable initiative; capable of balancing creativity and enthusiasm for change with mission-focus, patience and prioritization.
- Strong understanding of pedagogical concepts (e.g. curriculum, assessment, integrated learning)
- Experience living and working internationally.
- Some exposure to the world of software development.
- Experience with Google Docs, Trello, or similar communication and collaboration technologies.
- Experience working with Skype, Slack, Google Hangouts, or other remote communication technologies.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
- Light breakfast and lunch provided daily
- Unconventional, dynamic, and passion-filled working environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply