Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health, HIV and AIDS prevention, and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the British Department for International Development (DFID) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Global Fund among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Society for Family Health requires competent candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
- This is a senior management position, reporting to the Board through the Managing Director.
- The successful candidate will provide independent and objective assurance, evaluation, analyses and appraisals designed to add value and improve the organisation’s operations and effectiveness of governance and risk management processes, and internal control environment.
- S/He will direct the planning and execution of operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the organisation’s internal control systems including field operations.
- S/He will determine compliance with selected policies, procedures, and regulations.
- S/He will make written recommendations to the Board and senior management for control enhancement and to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems of functions reviewed.
- S/He will maintain a professional staff team with sufficient knowledge, training, skills and experience to meet the requirements of the Internal Audit Charter and ensure capacity building, mentoring and coaching of the Internal Audit staff.
- The position holder will perform special investigations as requested by the Board or Management.
The desired candidate:
- Must possess a first degree in Accounting or Financial Management and a relevant Masters’ degree with a recognised professional accounting qualification – ACA or ACCA or other professional body.
- Must have previous experience in a donor funded environment with good knowledge of international donor rules & regulations and must possess a minimum of twelve (12) years post NYSC experience, the last five (5) of which should have been as the Head of an Audit Team.
- Must show demonstrable experience managing the preparation of audit planning memoranda, including identifying and evaluating key risks, setting audit scope, and determining budgets and staff assignments.
- Must have expert knowledge of risk management and assessment, fraud investigation and detection criteria and strategies as well as auditing standards, techniques, activities, and processes.
- Must have good experience with drafting audit reports including writing clear and concise findings and recommendations and be able to properly assess potential findings for significance and negotiating their finalization with senior management.
- Must be an analytical and resolute decision maker with strong organisational and planning skills, with great attention to detail and ability to follow through.
- Must be able to multitask and manage audits within agreed budgets and time lines with very good knowledge of the current financial and corporate governance regulatory environment.
- Must have very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including a high level of tact and diplomacy, a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using office software applications, including spreadsheets and relevant accounting software.
Job Title: Head of Marketing (Expanded Enterprise Project)
- This is a senior management position reporting to the Head of the Expanded Enterprise Project (EEP).
- The position is to provide strategic programmatic and technical leadership for the emerging Society for Family Health Expanded Enterprise Project (EEP) including overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
- S/He will be responsible for the development and growth of EEP brands and continuous evaluation of market trends.
- The position is also responsible for developing and driving the implementation of strategies to meet the EEP project vertical and horizontal objectives.
The desired candidate:
- Must possess a first degree in any discipline and a relevant Masters’ degree in a business related field from a recognised institution.
- Must have a minimum of 12 years post NYSC hands-on experience of developing brands and bringing same to market in the fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. The desired applicant should have spent at least 5 years at upper managerial level. Proven ability to demonstrate strong analytic skills and understanding of the products category in terms of Habits/Attitudes/Drivers and use such information to decide the current and potential size of the market.
- Must possess ability to analyse the current players in the market in a well-defined strategic framework to assess the gaps and opportunities.
- Must have proven ability to understand the role of brands – as well as all the elements of brand delivery in driving behaviour change.
- Must have proven experience in designing a brand position/proposition and ability to guide / develop a marketing delivery plan and in developing / assessing and deploying 360- degree brand communications.
- Must have proven experience in ‘In-Market’ activation and tracking.
- Must possess the ability and experience to read / understand and navigate a P&L account sheet with good levels of commercial /analytical skills.
- Must possess experience and skills in leading and deploying innovation in the Nigeria or West African marketplace.
- Must possess excellent communication, advocacy, human resource, organisational, networking and interpersonal skills.
- Must have knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in the Nigeria FMCG markets and changing retail scenarios including the emergence of large chains and major mall based retailers.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should write a one-page application letter (using the position reference as the subject), addressed to the “Director, Human Resources”.
Applicants for the Position of Head, Internal Audit should apply to [email protected]
While applicants for the Position of Head of Marketing should apply to
- Applicants should send the application, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone numbers, e-mail address and contact details to the email address beside the job you are applying for.
- Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements.
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 22nd November, 2016.