Equal Access is an international not for profit organization (501c3), headquartered in San Francisco and working throughout Asia, Africa and the Middle East. A communications for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, Equal Access creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that address the most critical challenges affecting people in the developing world such as women & girls’ empowerment, youth life skills & livelihoods, human rights, health and civic participation & governance.
Job Title: Social Media Specialist
Equal Access (EA) has launched AREWA24, a Nigerian satellite TV channel in northern Nigeria, and seeks a Social Media Specialist to help develop and grow the channel’s social media platforms and online presence.This position will be an exceptional opportunity to:
- Reach a wide and diverse audience through well-conceived communications messages;
- Innovate through different social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube;
- Work with outstanding talent;
- Create significant impact in a growing organization; and
- Immerse in an exciting and flexible start-up environment.
- Manage and expand AREWA24’s website and social media platforms;
- Develop and oversee the execution of social media communications and strategies that leverage AREWA24’s unique strengths.
- Develop advertising and other programs to educate and engage youth audiences and to encourage their long-term commitment and engagement with AREWA24.
- Demonstrate high energy and strong leadership skills, internally and externally, serving as an effective representative of AREWA24.
- Develop media messages and images to encourage viewership and garner support for the channel’s growth and development.
- Promote, through social media posts and other public communications the work and name of AREWA24 and its original and premier TV programming;
- Advanced degree in communications, or mass communications
- Interest and passion for social media and online media platforms.
- Experience launching and managing websites and social media platforms.
- Able to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Knowledge of how Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter track user analytics.
- Experience in coordinating with media outlets and developing targeted marketing and promotional materials
- Superior oral and written communications skills in both Hausa and English.
How to Apply
Please note that we may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date
Applications will close no later than October 20, 2015