DStv Online are the digital pioneers providing a range of services through our successful websites DStv.com, SuperSport.com and Mnet.co.za amongst others, we also shaken things up with products such as BoxOffice and DStv Catch Up – two of the most successful VOD services on the African continent. We requests for the services of an experienced personnel to fill the position of:
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Job Location : LAGOS
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who loves and thrives in the Social Media environment. You will be a Social media junkie with deep knowledge of and interest in social media, including a curiosity about latest industry trends, technology and changes. With a can-do attitude you will be the voice of the company on social and digital media, and will continuously generate great content, create new ideas and campaigns, and measure how effective those ideas are.
- Constantly monitor discussions and comments on social media channels & respond/ interact as much as possible in a very upbeat and friendly manner
- Identify and engage with brand advocates
- Identify and engage with industry influencers
- Compile monthly reports (metrics in those reports)
- Feed social insights back into the business
- Manage and actively follow social media and other digital marketing methods and integrate new ideas and methods into the organization’s approaches.
- Maintain FB, Twitter G+ and WeChat accounts (content & imagery & engagement)
- Maintain social media content calendar
- Proactively and creatively engage customers
- Stay up to date with industry news
- Motivated to get involved with new projects
- Integrate as a member of hybrid teams.
- Effective listening, strong verbal and written communications skills (including grammar).
- At least 3 years in Social Media Management.
- Experience working with social media tools and techniques required.
- Knowledge of and experience in using web analytics tools and implementation (google analytics, Radian 6, Hootsuite, Lithium).
- Be flexible
- Be a great problem solver. Know how to best communicate the company’s message on different platforms.
- Strong research skills. Know what is happening in the fast changing world of social and digital media.
- Have strong writing skills and attention to details in order to write effective copy in different styles.
- Be organised, creative, use initiative and be a strategic thinker with ability to multitask. Apply here