Social Impact is pursuing the upcoming MacArthur Foundation funded Evaluation of the Big Bet in Nigeria. The program aims to support Nigerian-led efforts to promote accountability, transparency, and to reduce corruption. The initial phase of the program will last approximately three years.
Job Title: Electricity Expert
Social Impact is seeking a short-term local Electricity Expert with experience in Monitoring and Evaluation to provide technical support to the MacArthur funded Evaluation of the Big Bet in Nigeria program.
- Provide technical expertise and context on energy policy and regulations, energy sector reform, and civil society and governance in energy in Nigeria
- Provide guidance on quantitative and qualitative data collection tools
- Support on the production of reports and deliverables
- Undertake other tasks required for the successful completion of the evaluation
- Graduate degree or higher in international development or related field, with a focus in energy policy and regulations, energy sector reform, and civil society and governance in energy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience with the electricity sector in Nigeria.
- Experience working with ministries of energy, ministries of finance and public energy utilities and private sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and and/or experience working on anti-corruption, accountability, transparency, and/or good governance efforts.
- Demonstrated experience designing and conducting evaluations in Nigeria or Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative evaluation methodologies
- Experience facilitating activities around feedback, knowledge management and learning
- Experience conducting qualitative data collection (facilitation, KIIs, FGDs, etc)
- Experience writing reports and recommendations to philanthropic donors
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- English language fluency required.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.