Social Impact is pursuing the upcoming MacArthur Foundation funded Evaluation of the Big Bet in Nigeria. The program aims to support Nigerian-led efforts to promote accountability, transparency, and to reduce corruption. The initial phase of the program will last approximately three years.
Job Position: Education Expert
Social Impact is seeking a short-term local Education Expert to provide technical support to the MacArthur funded Evaluation of the Big Bet in Nigeria program.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Nigerian citizenship will be considered
- Provide technical expertise and context on education policy, education reform, and civil society and governance in education in Nigeria to the assessment.
- Undertake other tasks required for the successful completion of the evaluation.
- Participate in data collection efforts.
- Support on the production of reports and deliverables.
- Graduate degree or higher in international development or related field, with a focus in education policy, education reform, and civil society and governance in education.
- Experience working with ministries of education, ministries of finance and public education entities at the local level.
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative evaluation methodologies.
- Experience facilitating activities around feedback, knowledge management and learning.
- Experience writing reports and recommendations to philanthropic donors.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- English language fluency required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and and/or experience working on anti-corruption, accountability, transparency, and/or good governance efforts.
- Demonstrated experience designing and conducting evaluations in Nigeria or Sub-Saharan Africa.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.