Association of Religious Leaders Living With or Personally Affected by HIV/AIDS [NINERELA+] is an international interfaith network working with other national stakeholders and coalitions to achieve the set goals within the national HIV response.
In 2014, Nigeria signed the HIV and AIDS Anti-Discrimination Act into law which was considered as a bold step in the fight against all forms of stigmatization and discrimination targeted at people living with HIV/ AIDS. In response to her mandate on using faith based approach in the HIV response, NINERELA+, with the support of Christian Aid seeks to develop a simplified version of the anti-discrimination Act in a way that captures the religious backing of the message against discrimination and stigmatization as contained in the Nigerian anti-discrimination Act.
Job Title: Social and Behaviour Change Communication
Purpose of Engagement:
- Collaborate with NINERELA+ to Identify and work with religious scholars in the different faiths who will provide technical support in the identification of religious verses supporting the anti-discrimination Act.
- Plan, organize and facilitate technical meeting for working groups to review and validate the draft deliverables
- Finalize and submit the final copy of the simplified anti-discrimination Act with religious backings.
- Work in collaboration with identified religious scholars to develop the simplified version of the anti-discrimination Act.
- Develop final deliverables
- The final copy of the simplified anti-discrimination Act with backings from religious verses
- Final copy of messages developed using the anti-discrimination Act for posters targeting health workers and the rights of PLHIV to be used at health facilities
- A process report of the consultancy, highlighting the contributors and their backgrounds,
- Highlights of the achievements, lessons learned, gaps and recommendations for future similar exercises
Experience/Qualification of Consultant
- Min Qualification BA/BSc/HND plus other professional degree, higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience in developing evidence based behavior change messages and materials )in Nigeria
- Experience in working with civil society networks and CBOs working on HIV/AIDS in Nigeria
- Knowledge of the challenges of multi-sectoral HIV/AIDS response in the country
- Availability to undertake the consultancy
- At least 4 years’ experience in social and behavior change communication work. Experience working with faith leaders will be an added advantage.
- Experience working on high level advocacy at national level in Nigeria
- Good Knowledge of communication and public relations techniques.
Application should be addressed to the National Coordinator – NINERELA+ and sent electronically to[email protected] with “CONCULTANCY SERVICE” as the subject of the email. Submission of application closes on 26th May 2016 by 5.00pm. All Cover letter/CV’s MUST be in a single document either word format or PDF.
Also, indicate your consultancy fee in the application.