SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high-quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world’s top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
SMEC is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Expert / Project Manager
- Flexible and friendly working environment
- Excellent opportunity to become a valued member of SMEC’s multidisciplinary team
- Outstanding career prospectsSMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high-quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
- Manages, guides, and directs project teams and activities to achieve efficient, cost-effective, timely, and high quality delivery of consultancy assignments around Africa.
- Prepares and / or reviews project technical reports and other outputs with quality assurance
- Coordinates, manages, and supervises the work of other staff members and experts
- Undertakes activities to build the capacity of local and regional staff
- Performs the role of Project Manager / Team Leader and technical expert on projects as needed
- Assists with preparation of high quality winning proposals
- Develops and manages good and effective relationships with existing and potential clients and funding agencies
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fluency in English mandatory. Additional language abilities such as French is advantageous.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Environmental Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or Natural Resources Management or related from a recognized university.
- Excellent technical writing skills in English (mandatory). Experience in preparing reports, proposals, and/or publications of international standard.
- Proficient in use of computer software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc) to produce professional looking documents of international standards
- Able to work with multidisciplinary multicultural teams
- Able to deliver work within tight deadlines and handle heavier work pressure near deadlines
- Able to travel to different countries in Africa
- Nationals and residents in Africa are encouraged to apply.
- At least 12 years overall relevant experience in the field and at least 3 years experience managing or directing projects in developing countries. Project management experience is mandatory.
- Strong technical knowledge in relevant areas such as Environmental and Social Impact Assessment of dam/irrigation/water supply/power transmission lines/roads/building complex or other large infrastructure projects, environmental and social studies, environmental management, environmental planning.
- Membership in a related professional association or registration as an environmental expert is advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Please send your detailed CV and application letter. Only shortlisted individuals will be contacted.
Application Deadline 30th October, 2016.