MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa’s leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and qualified candidates to fill the SME Account Consultant Job Vacancy at MTN Nigeria
Job Position: SME Account Consultant
- Establish and maintain productive business relations/ partnerships with clients to enhance MTN services and sales for MTN.
- Assist in building an in-depth knowledge of the client’s operating environment, business drivers, objectives, strengths and challenges to be able to develop and implement solutions to meet their strategic needs.
- Develop a contact strategy; create and maintain an account development plan for each of the allocated accounts.
- Assist clients in understanding the value proposition and differentiations of the MTN data products and services.
- Handle all customer requests for service successfully including fault reports and billing queries.
- Increase MTN market share by achieving set target through the acquisition of new accounts as well as development and maintenance of current accounts.
- Monitor the completion of the end-to-end sales process – from client prospecting to bill delivery.
- Prepare and present all sales and contractual documentation to the customer, and ensure compliance with MTN standards.
- Ensure full integration of quality management processes within all sales activities for the allocated regional accounts, ensuring effective deployment on a day to day basis.
- Conduct research on potential customers and potential spend profile using the data mining system and analyse industries to identify new prospects or opportunities.
- Use relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor performance against targets and take appropriate actions to ensure targets are met and exceeded.
- Track and provide sales performance data to support management decision – making and provide professional advice and input to develop sales plans.
- Ensure integrated channel management supported by appropriate systems such as the CRM; use knowledge management to increase the professionalism of account management.
- Prepare weekly and monthly regional sales status reports.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Tool of Trade Vehicle will be required for the Job
- A valid driver’s license
- May be required to work extended hours /overtime/weekends
- 80% of work is carried out on the field
- National travel and a valid driver’s license.
- Constantly on the road prospecting for new clients and selling more services to existing
4 years work experience including:
- Experience in the sales environment of a telecommunications company, preferably customer-facing
- Exposure to strategic planning
- Basic IP Networking, Internet and VPNs
- Internal conferences on telecommunications and consumer trends
- Sales Training
- Key Account Management Training
- Relationship Management
- Customer care/focus
- BA, BEd, BSc, BTech or HND
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online