Siemens is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide.
Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
Siemens is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Business Unit Manager
Job ID: 216967
- Leading projects, i.e. responsible for execution of the contracts in terms of time, budget and quality, to ensure success in terms of economic results and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for workshop and logistics’ day to day activities
- Continuous identification of risks in the project (EHS risks, contract risks, political/economic/ technical/ organizational risks), evaluation of implications, development and implementation of the appropriate risk mitigation strategy
- Management of the project team, ensuring target oriented, open communication within the project team (regarding targets, responsibilities and performance feedback, during and after the project).
- Continuous identification of opportunities in the project and materialization of them to the maximum benefit of the project
- Ensuring project acceptance with the customer, including completing and presenting project documentation and organizing the final project transfer to the customer and others involved.
- Responsible to develop, sustain and support execution of flexible strategic operational plan in line with evolving Siemens Limited Nigeria strategy.
- Co-coordinating the total project scope (including resource planning, project scheduling, organization, documentation and interface management).
- Developing and maintaining a strong customer relationship.
- Actively support partners (internal and external) in a co-operative way in order for all parties to achieve agreed targets and economic results.
- Ensuring reporting internally and externally of all aspects of the project on a regular basis. Defining, managing and communicating project targets and status (cost, time frame, functionality, and quality management).
- Leads and directs divisional measures and actions to ensure qualification of Service and Sales and Project Management about current tools and financial knowledge to improve organizational performance (business excellence).
Leading and Monitoring:
- Effectively works through others in order to accomplish objectives or fulfill responsibilities; has continuous dialogue especially with the branches to form a common understanding and to ensure full impact of measures. Has an organized approach to check on the progress of tasks and projects, steps in when necessary to regain control.
Policies & Regulations:
- Responsible for adherence to all internal, external and corporate policies, procedures and quality standards
- Establishes and ensures risk and escalation management to identify and mitigate risks (early-warning-system). Responsible for bid/no bid and financial risk analysis on large projects in line with group policies and guidelines
- Intensifies the customer relationship and participates in significant contract negotiation. Contract management including financing in major project/system business. Ensures customer participation in business processes.
- Proactive, comprehensive and continuous communication to group and division management, employees on all levels, regions and stakeholders to support achievement of business targets, employee and customer satisfaction.
- Leads, directs and develops direct reports based on Siemens Management Tools (Staff Dialogue, SMR, competence management, etc.) to enable outstanding performance and career development. Identifies high potentials and assists in their development for other jobs or assignments across the boundaries of one’s organization.
Management & Delegation:
- Effectively manages individuals, functions and teams. Creates successful cross-functional/cross-divisional/cross-national teams or strategic alliance. Effectively delegates responsibility and/or authority to subordinates with clear guidelines and directions. Obtains high performance from employees by developing a strong sense of professionalism, accountability and pride within the division.
- Establish training for service, project execution and sales to optimize productivity and efficiency on short and long term.
- Extensive experience in one or more of the areas processing, installation, engineering, development and business administration
- Experience in supervising employees, guiding and coaching teams
- Experience in cooperating within multicultural teams preferred
- Experience in being responsible for projects or parts thereof, in an engineer-to-order environment
- Inter- and multicultural skills
- Market Expertise:
- Best practices and lessons learned
- Oil & Gas standards and codes
- HSE methods, tools and legislation
- Negotiation techniques; Presentation techniques
- MS Office; internet/intranet
- Language: English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply