Shoregate Hotels – A reputable hotel in Nigeria requires the services of the following personnel:
Job Title: Accounting Staff
The Accounting staff supports the Accountant in performing administration department procedures: registering house invoices, maintaining ledger bookkeeping entries, reconciling accounts according to hotel schedules and forwarding financial analyses to appropriate recipients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the timely billing of accounts.
- Maintain a filing system for account receivable records.
- Assist in balancing daily transfer to city ledger and post, edit and update to accounts receivable system.
- Assist in the reconciliation of accounts.
- Respond to and resolve account queries.
- Collate suppliers’ documentation for processing.
- Ensure all invoices have the appropriate documentation attached and approvals prior to processing.
- Process all invoices and statements.
- Record and process payments of goods and services.
- Maintain a filing system for accounts payable records.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with outside companies to ensure timely and accurate supply of goods and services.
- Check arithmetic accuracy and invoices.
- Assist in reconciling the weekly purchase log.
- Prepare cheque run for approval on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile supplier statements with established records and report any discrepancies.
- BSC/HND in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Competence in Microsoft office products, most especially Excel and accounting software programmes
Job Title: Front Office Supervisor
As a front office supervisor you will be a role model, sharing your expertise and continually inspiring the front office team. You will also ensure hotel charges are processed diligently to guest’s accounts, invoices are accurate, billing instructions are verified, all necessary supporting bills and vouchers are attached for direct settlements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure Outstanding customer care at all times.
2. Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanour at all times.
3. Courteously and accurately answers inquiries from potential guests and accepts hotel reservations.
4. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
5. Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
6. Supervise daily shift process ensuring all team members adhere to standard operating procedures.
7. Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach and counsel the front desk team members to ensure a quality operation.
8. Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
9. Adhere to company credit limit / floor limit policies.
10. Allocate rooms to expected arrivals after checking the guests preferences and special requests.
11. Build strong relationships and liaise with all other department’s especially housekeeping, reservations etc.
12. Cross Check all billing instructions to make sure they are correctly updated
14. Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
15. Supervise the operations of the front desk to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
16. Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
17. Ensure Front office log book and hotel log book is always updated and actioned upon.
18. Ensures safety by following guest check in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activity to security or manager.
19. Participate in hotel committees and task force assignments.
20. Assist all departments in servicing the guests during high volume periods.
A positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
Experience of motivating and leading a winning team.
Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure.
Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset or Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field. Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office programs.
Minimum 2 to 3 years work experience as Front Office Associate / Front office cashier in a hotel.
Job Title: Food and Beverage Supervisor
Supervise the daily operations of food and beverage outlets and services including food quality, customer satisfaction, associate schedules and their performance in accordance with established restaurant and guest service standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor product quality and guest satisfaction in food and beverage outlets and services, ensuring food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications.
- Ensure the restaurant and other F&B services comply with sanitation and safety standards for guests and associates.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet.
- Perform service functions during periods of high volume or staffing shortages.
- Assist with maintaining proper par levels and inventories of food and beverage supplies such as linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments, etc.
- Ensure staff abides by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Ensure all equipment is in working order; report malfunctions and follow up on repairs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Minimum one year of experience in supervisory role in a restaurant or banquet setting, coupled with food service background at a server level required.
- Knowledge of bar service and liquor inventory controls required.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including but not limited to assignment of duties, evaluating service, and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations.
- Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of food service techniques and cost controls such as manpower, productivity, food cost and other expenses.
Job Title: Accountant
Department Finance & Accounting
Reports to General Manager
To be responsible for the hotel’s accounting and financial management requirements. Managing the accounting department, procurement function and electronic data processing systems. To provide the general manager and unit management team with meaningful and timely information on the status of the hotel’s performance. To assist proactively with cost containment, revenue enhancement, profit improvement opportunities and safeguarding of the company’s assets.
To maintain proper and complete accounting records of the hotel.
To ensure that the accounts, records and transactions of the hotel are accurate and correct at all times.
Safeguarding of assets
To implement all necessary controls to safeguard the assets of the hotel.
To prepare and interpret the financial statements and reports of the hotel.
To provide financial information to management as tools for maximizing profits and planning for the future. Reports which should stimulate management action.
Budgets and forecasts
To compile, together with the other executives, budgets and forecasts covering all activities of the hotel.
To compile treasury/cash flow forecasts for the business.
Controls and procedures
To ensure that the established controls and procedures in respect of the controller’s areas of responsibility are being complied with at all times.
Electronic data processing systems
To ensure that the hotel’s computer systems and their software are fully utilized, well safeguarded and properly maintained.
To implement future changes/additions to the electronic data processing systems of the hotel.
To ensure that there are, at all times, proper procedures and controls for the guest cashiers and other cashiers in the hotel, notwithstanding the fact that these areas are not the direct responsibility of the controller.
To ensure proper controls for F&B cashiers.
Purchasing, receiving and stores
To ensure that there are, at all times, proper procedures and controls for purchasing, receiving, stores and requisitioning.
To ensure that physical inventories of all supplies are being taken on a monthly basis and of all operating equipment on a quarterly basis.
Credit and collection
To ensure that the hotel complies with the established credit and collection procedures, with particular attention to front office, group and meetings/banqueting processes.Expenditures
To check and approve expenditures (via purchase requests, expenditure approval forms and purchase orders) in accordance with established procedures.
To approve and sign payments in accordance with established procedures.
To ensure that bank account statements are checked on a daily basis.
To ensure that bank accounts are reconciled each month.
To ensure that all revenue due to the hotel is properly accounted for and reconciled.
To ensure that all receivables are collected within the hotel’s credit periods.
To ensure that payments are made for all goods and services on a timely basis.
To ensure that all payments are adequately supported by documentation, properly coded and properly authorized.
To ensure that suppliers’ accounts are reconciled to the hotel’s records on a regular basis.
To ensure that payments are properly calculated, authorized and paid on a timely basis to employees.
To ensure returns, declarations and administration are properly handled concerning Inland Revenue, Pension Trustees and other relevant bodies.
To ensure that proper deductions are made at all times for PAYE, NI, pensions and other relevant items.
To ensure that proper records are kept for all inventory items.
To ensure that payments and returns are made accurately and on a timely basis to Customs and Excise in respect of value added tax.
To ensure that compliance is continuous and that refunds are appropriately kept for inspection by external bodies.
To ensure that all revenue and expenditure are properly recorded in the general ledger.
To ensure that all balances are reconciled on a regular basis.
To ensure that disbursements made by the General Cashier are properly authorized and adequately supported by documentation.
To ensure that the float of the General Cashier is verified daily.
To keep and safeguard the hotel’s contracts and agreements.
To liaise with internal and external auditors in compliance with the company’s requirements.
To assist in the renewal of insurances.
To administer insurance claims.
To provide information required for the preparation of corporation tax computation.
To assist in the preparation of the year end statutory accounts.
Other areas of responsibility
Banks, borrowings and loans
Rental of space
Auditors (external and internal)
Company secretarial matters
Must be a chartered accountant
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related industry
Prior experience with invoicing and customer relationship management
Good knowledge in use of hotel accounting/billing software.
Job Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
Responsibility for others: Housekeeping staff, cleaners and laundry staff
Overall purpose of the job: To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness are maintained throughout the hotel and to manage the housekeeping and laundry department efficiently to maintain standards and control costs.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all Bedrooms /corridors /function rooms /public areas are maintained:
a) Supervising the daily cleaning of assigned rooms, bathrooms, corridor areas and public areas to the highest standards. This includes changing bed linen, replacing towels, cleaning bathrooms thoroughly, vacuuming, mopping and dusting daily. Subject to levels of business the housekeeper will be expected to also service rooms.
b) Ensuring the upkeep of vacant rooms.
c) Replenishing brochures and paper goods throughout the bedrooms/hotel. d) Maintaining an orderly storeroom and trollies.
2. To ensure customer satisfaction is maintained by:
a) Ensuring guest laundry is collected, charged and returned to the guest in a speedy and accurate fashion.
b) Ensuring guest property left behind is logged and stored in a secure location for lost property.
c) Resolving any guest problems or complaints when possible and ensuring management are kept informed.
d) Actioning any maintenance requests in order to comply with the hotel’s established quality standards and ensure guest satisfaction.
3. To set and maintain standards of service commensurate with the standing of the hotel:
a) Managing a stock control and ordering system to ensure availability of stock and cost control to maintain costs to a minimum.
b) Attending any appropriate off and on the job training courses.
c) Wearing a clean and suitable uniform and name badge at all times.
d) Implementing the hotel’s good customer relations policy, including politely addressing guests and colleagues at all times
4. To ensure the department is operated within the Legal Framework by:
a) Immediately reporting and documenting to management any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures.
5. Carrying out any other duties as may be reasonably required by management
EDUCATION:Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset or Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field. Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office programs.
Minimum 2 to 3 years hotel work experience in a similar role.
Job Title: General Manager
The General Manager is responsible to manage property operations on a day to day basis to assure optimum performance and continual improvement in the five Key Result Areas (guest service, employees, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit/financial control. Coordinates, directs and manages the staff and everyday hotel operations to achieve profitability, guest satisfaction and efficiency while maintaining standards set by the company assuring 100% guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and employees.
Financial and Sales
• Responsible for preparation of property budget and forecasts.
• Manages labor standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to the bottom line profit.
• Explains and manages financial activities. Reconcile all financial accounts.
• Monitors collection of in-house guest balances and direct bill receivables, commission payments by vendors, and issuance of refund checks.
• Participates and monitors monthly inventory of supplies and equipment. Ensures purchases made are within budget and by approved vendors.
• Works with Sales to manage all sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives. Activities include setting goals, completing competitive surveys, taking reservations and compiling reports.
• Identifies and seeks out potential business in local market. Maintains relationships with local companies and key people to increase Shoregate’s visibility within the local market.
• Coordinates and implements sales and marketing activities of the property.
• Promotes 100% guest satisfaction throughout property. Instills the 100% guest satisfaction objective to all employees.
• Ensures that all guest related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with the company’s goals and objectives.
• Recruits qualified applicants. Trains employees in accordance with company standards.
• Motivates and gives direction to all employees.
• Communicates all policies and procedures to entire staff. Conducts regular meetings to provide various information including company communications, policy reviews, local property activities, goals, etc.
• Adheres to federal, state and local laws employment related laws and regulations.
• Manages employee personnel forms, including hiring, performance evaluations, payroll and benefits related information, required Federal and State postings, etc.
• Conducts coaching/counseling sessions; performance evaluations; prepares performance improvement plans, disciplinary documentation; conducts terminations.
• Ensures that employee related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with company policies.
• Performs duties in all aspects of hotel operations whenever needed.
• Inspects and documents repairs and cleanliness of property to ensure optimum upkeep and repair, room cleanliness and overall property appearance.
• Serves as “Manager on Duty” .
• Provides other relief or back-up duties as needed at the hotel including front desk coverage, housekeeping, and other duties to ensure the optimum operation of the property.
• Directly manages the hotel staff on a daily basis; supervises all employees on the Property. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
• Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in hotel and catering field with at least 3 years in a managerial position of a 4 star hotel.
• Ability to read and speak the English language and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to effectively communicate professionally with guests, associates, supervisors, and others as required for optimum operation of the property. Conversational Spanish would be beneficial.
ORGANIZATION AND TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
• Ability to organize multiple projects; manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Basic knowledge of computers and software including ability to use e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply