British American Tobacco plc (informally BAT) is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco companies.
BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries. Its four largest-selling brands are Dunhill, Lucky Strike, Kent and Pall Mall, with others including Kool, Benson & Hedges and Rothmans.
BAT has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As at 6 July 2012 it had a market capitalisation of £65.6 billion, the sixth-largest of any company listed on the London Stock Exchange. It has a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and qualified candidates to fill the Shift Utilities Manager Job Opening at British American Tobacco
Job Position: Shift Utilities Manager
- To supervise and coordinate operational activities of utilities sector of engineering department whose main duties are the supply of qualitative, quantitative and timely utilities services (power, steam, compressed air, vacuum, water etc.) to the manufacturing and housing areas in the Factory located in Ibadan. This includes organizing for resources required at all times, to ensure there are no production losses, attributable to utilities failure.
- The successful candidate would report to the Engineering Utilities Manager and manage 4 Technicians and 1 Operator as direct reports.
- On a shift basis, supervise utilities activities ensuring that utilities supplies to manufacturing processes are delivered in the right quantity, quality and on time.
- Diagnose systems operational faults and notify the shift manager to either resolve or direct the problem to the appropriate technical resources, supervising such resources to a successful conclusion.
- Ensure that all operational activities in his shift are executed, to the right quality and within specified budgetary constraints
- Supervise the usage of materials and consumables for utilities operations.
- Ensure shift operations are properly covered, and that multi-skilling concept is developed among technical operators.
- Generate ideas and proposals that seek to improve on continuous basis, the processes and systems that will add values to the utilities supplies to the factory.
- Ensure that each plant keeps a register for shift operation activities carried out.
- To ensure that utilities personnel are properly organised for efficient utilities services delivery to the end users.
- Ensure strict compliance with EHS rules and regulations by Technical operators working on machineries/systems in his shift
- Ensure training / coaching of subordinates for improved productivity, and multi-skilling within teams.
- Conduct periodic appraisal to determine the skill mix and knowledge gap of utilities personnel, for appropriate development programme.
- Relate with Spare parts logistics Team and Production staff.
- The candidate must possess B.Sc. /HND or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Production Engineering, with minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory capability in a FMCG.
- Strong knowledge of Electromechanical engineering systems (Air compressors, Boilers, Air-conditioning plant, Generators) is essential.
- Excellent analytical mind for operational fault findings and rectifications
- Effective Communications skills are essential, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skill and a good team playing.
- Sound knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety procedure is essential.
- Ability to prioritize own work and works of others
- Must be innovative and pro-active in solving problems
- Must be able to develop upskilling content for both old and new Technicians to keep up with current technology.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online