British American Tobacco plc (informally BAT) is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco companies.
BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries. Its four largest-selling brands are Dunhill, Lucky Strike, Kent and Pall Mall, with others including Kool, Benson & Hedges and Rothmans.
BAT has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As at 6 July 2012 it had a market capitalisation of £65.6 billion, the sixth-largest of any company listed on the London Stock Exchange. It has a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and qualified candidates to fill the Services Team Leader (Electrical) Vacancy at British American Tobacco
Job Position: Services Team Leader (Electrical)
- To implement strategies for carrying out effective maintenance activities with a team of technicians on power system facilities and Factory Electrical installations. This includes supervision, deployment and co-ordination of all Electrical technicians in the power systems facilities of the factory located in Ibadan
- The successful candidate would report to the Engineering Support Services Manager and manage 1 Maintenance Technician and 2 Electricians as Direct reports.
- Ensure Services Equipment planned maintenance is implemented in line with the approved program in a timely and cost effective manner and optimization of their Availability and Reliability.
- To organise maintenance schedules for Services Equipment for long / short term maintenance so as to enhance smooth supply of the utilities to Manufacturing areas and Houses.
- To carry out break down repairs/maintenance on machineries, so as to ensure minimal loss in production time.
- Advice on spares requirements for planned maintenance activities and breakdown repairs on a periodical basis.
- Ensure wastage of materials are monitored and driven down to minimal, by instituting a get it right at first attempt to the execution of maintenance works
- Ensure Maintenance Technicians are properly coordinated for efficient service delivery.
- Ensure training / coaching of subordinates for improved productivity, and multi-skilling within teams.
- Coordination of maintenance works with Team members to ensure strict compliance with the company
- Environment, Health and Safety regulations.
- Generate ideas and proposals that seek to improve on continuous basis the processes and systems that will add value to maintenance activities in the factory.
- Relate with store to inspect the brought-in parts and to ensure that right specifications and good quality standards are met, shift utilities operating teams – for timely maintenance of utilities equipments to guarantee availability of utilities services, production staff – for prompt maintenance or repair works in production areas and external contractors – for timely delivery of outsourced maintenance contract.
- HND/B.Sc or Equivalents in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in the maintenance of electromechanical Systems.
- Sound understanding of Standard code of practice as it relates to Electrical supply services.
- Ability to read Civil/Mechanical/Electrical drawings and schematics as it relates to engineering services.
- Good grasp of Basic principles of fluid mechanics as it relates to Electromechanical Systems.
- Understanding of Quality Inspection and Certification of Mechanical/Electrical systems.
- Basic Knowledge of Costing would be a strong advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online