GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance.
Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Service Team Lead Job Vacancy At GE.
Job Title: Services Team Leader – Oil & Gas
The Bently Nevada Services Team Leader for West & Central Africa owns BN Services execution in his/her sub-region. In this role, the Team Leader will utilize his/her technical Bently Nevada expertise to drive services team day to day operations across the sub-region. He/She will be responsible of leading field engineers’ activities in a safe and compliant manner. The Team leader will remain accountable against his Operational Plan and will have to partner with the Projects, Sales and ITO team.
The Services Team Leader demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
· Own the sub-region Operating Plan and be responsible of forecasting service orders, revenues, costs and margins
· Lead, Coach and Mentor Field Engineers and contribute to their technical and professional development
· Develop personnel through training, mentoring and cross-functional opportunities
· Remain responsible for timely response to customer service issues.
· Ensure services quality processes are adhered to and embrace Services
· Manage day-to-day operations of the Services team including resources planning and operations
· Work closely with Sales Team to ensure appropriate sales coverage and opportunities to achieve the services orders plan
· Provide the operational leadership needed to drive profitable service growth
· Participate in development and lead the execution of the Services growth strategy
· Manage and own services handoffs and monitor quality of site documentation along with Field Engineers reports prior of submittal to customers
· Ensure correctness of Time Drop in SAP, Upload of Data, and Submittal of Claims including TnL Workflows for all Field engineers
· Support projects team to manage sites installation schedule and ensure on-time delivery of projects milestones, control risk and enhance project profitability
· Provide continuous communication and updates to customers concerning status of site implementation activities, resolve issues in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction
· Be responsible for Field Engineers Tools and Equipment, its maintenance, timely calibration and availability
· Responsible for induction of newly hired Engineers and get them quickly up to speed for successful services
· Interface and communicate effectively with customers, internal functional teams, and GE leadership
· Build and Promote the EHS culture within the services team and at customers’ sites
· Provide accurate and timely information to assigned personnel regarding salary planning, performance appraisals, career coaching and disciplinary action as required
· Implement Operation Safety Policy instructions and conduct fieldwork in compliance with all EHS applicable regulations and employee safety practices
· Ensure operational excellence in the areas of integrity, controllership and compliance
· Conduct work on site (billable) on large projects and complex jobs and achieve a billable time of not less than 40%
· Maintain the as sold CM and work to grow the as executed CM
· Understand and Leverage what is important in the customers’ business & their Operations
· Deliver on the right things rightly and develop close contact with customers’ key personnel to further integrate into their processes & operations
· Learn from others and share knowledge & best practices learnt from customer sites
· Deliver informal training, presentations and connect with Sales to communicate Value story & potential sales opportunities
· Think ahead, prepare for the future, understand M&C direction, and work closely with Sales to grow the business
· Assist the services manager in technical scope estimation during project bidding and participate in technical scope discussions internally and with customers
· Drive customer satisfaction through problems solving, quality of work and safety
· Own the Global and Local Projects Financial performance and the projects accounting accuracy in SAP
· Ensure initial plans reasonably reflect the expected execution schedule and manage changes as soon as they are known without major surprises during audits or financial Quarter cost/revenue recognition
· Understand costs metrics and look for ways to reduce whilst delivering optimum value
· Minimum four-year Bachelor of Engineering degree from an accredited college or university (engineering discipline: Electrical, Instrumentation or Mechanical preferred)
· At least 5 years of post-qualification experience working in Energy and/or Oil & Gas industries in the field of turbo machinery maintenance / vibration analysis diagnostics.
· Ability to surf thru stressful working conditions and never lose sight on main goals.
· Embrace Customer service mindset and leverage strong relationship and interpersonal skills.
· Solid computer skills on Microsoft applications
– A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
– Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
· Proven leadership skills in a matrix organization
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks swiftly and simultaneously and work with minimum direct supervision
· Proved strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities
· Demonstrated solid understanding of basic financial concepts and metrics
· Excellent written and oral English communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personal.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred · Prior project management experience is preferred · Ability to manage effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment · Six Sigma training is preferred · Strong customer service mindset · Strong business acumen and commercial awareness · Ability to read, interpret, understand and approve electrical prints · Strong quantitative and analytical skills · Strong oral and written communication skills · Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Job Segments: Energy, Gas, Oil, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online