Andela is developing a corps of highly qualified technology talent across the African continent that will drive tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development. We find the brightest young people in Africa, hire them to train as world-class software developers, and connect them with tech companies around the world.
Andela is a movement. Andela is a collection of brilliant minds across Africa. Andela is a programming sprint followed by a football match, leading into a rooftop dance party. Andela is a platform for tech-enabled growth around the world. Andela is a commitment that while the digital revolution may have begun in Silicon Valley, its future will be written in Lagos, Nairobi, and cities across Africa.
We believe that to be world-class requires excellence in a wide range of nontechnical skills, such as communication, teamwork, and problem solving. As an Andela Soft Skills Trainer you will have the opportunity to help brilliant people develop skills that will ensure their success as tech leaders on the world stage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Consultant
- As a Senior Technical Consultant, you will primarily work as a Senior Developer and Technical Team Lead for one of Andela’s off-shore clients.
- Our clients operate in a wide-range of industries, but their common thread is that they create mobile and/or web-based products that bring value to their customers through the use of technology.
- As the senior member of your client’s Andela team, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of your work as well as any developers that work under you.
- Our core consulting model is embedded software developers and teams, so although you will be working off-shore, you will be working remotely alongside the client’s team as well as your own.
- Your day-to-day might include everything from participating in daily standups with your client to estimating the level of effort of work associated with your (and your team’s) tasks.
- In addition to your client work, you will also serve as a mentor and technical resource to Andela developers outside of your team.
The specific responsibilities of the Senior Technical Consultant position include:
- Interfacing with your client to understand their business, goals and visions for products being supported by an Andela Team
- Performing high quality work that not only meets the need of the client, but surpasses it.
- If you are managing a team:
- Ensuring that our developers are able to understand the business context and value of their tasks, as well as how it impacts users.
- Working with our engineers to decompose high level stories into smaller, specific tasks and provide high level design support to help them understand how to solve specific coding challenges.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to ensure that the work delivered is in accordance with the technical standards of your client.
- Encouraging a collaborative team environment
- Regularly reporting the status of your team both to your client as well as senior members of Andela’s Success Department
- Prioritizing the work that your team is responsible for to ensure that you’re always working on the highest value work that helps your clients meet their objectives.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
- Are able to pass our Tech Skills Assessment
- Have a four-year Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- A strong desire to mentor other developers
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Strongly motivated by our social mission of training 100 thousand young Africans in next 10 years.
- Have at least 5 years of experience working in software development
- Have built iOS or Android mobile apps
- Have experience leading technical teams using Agile methodologies
- Have experience working remotely as an effective member of a team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th June, 2016.