MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa’s leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
Senior SRM Officer
• Coordinate due diligence verification for suppliers.
• Develop annual Supplier Audit plan and implement, monitor and improve the process and standards for supplier audits.
• Provide input into the supplier rating system, supervise the gathering of data for supplier rating and implement rating mechanism.
• Coordinate the distribution of periodic Supplier Performance Scorecard and facilitate Supplier performance feedback/appraisal meetings with relevant stakeholders
• Monitor and implement the blacklisting and/or grey listing of suppliers.
• Apply operational experience to identify and make recommendations to improve functionality of the MTNN Approved Supplier List.
• Develop classification of MTN’s product/service requirements according to defined parameters and categorise suppliers according to criteria with a view to identifying suppliers that best meet requirements.
• Assist SRM & Process Manager to coordinate the disposal of unwanted MTNN assets ensuring maximum depreciated value is obtained for them.
• Coordinate market intelligence and surveys, conduct supplier and product information research, providing end users with information on Group and Opco price books.
• Coordinate and oversee staff on all evaluation and auditing assignments relating to Supplier Quality Assurance.
• Coordinate the preparation of periodic reports on SRM activities including report on local content development effort.
• Analyse internal procurement audit processes, identify issues and gaps and implement improvement initiatives.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• Open Plan Office
• Unsociable hours especially during peak periods
Experience & Training
• A good first degree in a science, social science ,engineering or any numerate discipline
• A professional certification in quality management and audit will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 4 years related post qualification experience in a reputable organization
• 2 years in a similar role
• Experience in quality management systems – Quality Audit Techniques & tools (QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor training/certification)
BSc, BEng, BA, BTech or HND
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here