At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
This position will be responsible for developing the functional excellence in the area of technical consumer research with strong skills in the area of exploration to assess and translate the unarticulated needs of the consumer into sustainable solutions for the future. They need to possess a solid understanding of the macro-drivers and consumer trends that that are impacting the African consumer in order to help shape the future of TCCC as well as a understanding of beverages and beverage product development.
In the future, this position will be responsible for the project management of sensory and consumer research including the design, test preparation and execution of studies in support of research and development. Specifically, the senior scientist will determine appropriate research methodologies, coordinate tests, interpret results and provide recommendations, reporting results orally and in written documentation.
- This individual should possess the ability to speak the language of Big Data by leveraging insights from multiple data sources (Social, Technological, Economic, Environmental and Political forces) to help connect facts that will drive future innovation for that region
- Demonstrate the ability to leverage exploratory research to tap into consumers at a much deeper level and quantify those learnings for action.
- Exhibit a curiosity for people and what motivates their behavior and the ability to link those insight to business and technology
- Good communication skills including ability to write concise, informative reports and verbally present complex technical information and unarticulated consumer needs to non-technical audiences. Ability to listen and identify project objective and influence research plan.
- Must be an effective influence manager capable of getting the clients and/or business to do the right research at the right time thereby increasing the client’s success rate.
- Must be proficient at working with numbers from surveys and data in the form of statistics.
- Possess the skills necessary to look beyond the obvious to see how data and facts can be linked together to create more meaningful conclusions.
- Proficient knowledge in the area of quantitative research which involves the design and implementation of quantitative sensory and consumer research studies, including creation of the research design, implementation and data gathering, data analysis, and trend analysis, interpretation, implications and next steps.
- Sound knowledge of product development and the R&D process associated with the food and beverage industry.
- Demonstrates proficiency in technical risk assessment used to identify, evaluate and mitigate project risks with a strong working knowledge of franchise and opportunity risk profiles.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of experimental designs (including two-level factorials and optimization strategies), data management, qualitative research techniques and research-on-research applications.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the process of leading others as a result of expertise in specific area of discipline. This includes serving as a technical mentor and resources for others.
- Sound knowledge of sensory and consumer testing techniques and principles including a deep understanding of descriptive analysis (DA) and the relationship to consumer data to identify sensory drivers of consumer liking.
- Working knowledge of statistics including the appropriate use of statistical techniques to analyze and interpret data (including parametric and non-parametric methods, ANOVA, and modeling tools) and the design of experiments (DOE).
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or equivalent with either a major in sensory science, behavioral psychology or social sciences.
Related Work Experience: Minimum of 8 years of work experience
Core Competencies: Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others’ energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.