The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the position in the Department of Defense Walter Reed Program-Nigeria (DOD-WRPN):
Job Title: Senior Program Specialist, Strategic Information (Trainee Level), FSN-10
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent under the supervision of the Director Public Health will provide leadership and strategic direction to guide the implementation of Strategic Information (SI) activities in the Nigerian Ministry of Defense (NMOD)/DOD Walter Reed Program Nigeria.
- S/he will develop and implement strategies and systems that: ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of all programs and related activities; use appropriate technologies to integrate data collection, processing and reporting, in a manner that enhances the use of the information for improving patient and program outcomes; and that provide support for surveillance and research related activities in the program.
- The job holder will apply both theoretical and practical knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, health management information systems, evaluation strategies, and research methodologies.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Informatics, Computer Science, Health Management, Sociology or Demography is required.
- Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation and the will to exercise considerable ingenuity and tact in applying guidelines to unique and different settings is required.
- Intermediate user level of word processing, spreadsheets, databases and strong skills with interpretation of program monitoring and evaluation of data are required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in design and implementation of program monitoring and evaluation activities, managing health data and information systems, evaluation of program activities, and research, of which at least three (1) years of supervisory experience is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Advance knowledge and understanding of strategic information activities as relates to PEPFAR-funded HIV/AIDs programs, program monitoring and evaluation strategies and techniques as well as standard knowledge of HIV/AIDS, STD or TB prevention activities is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
Or – Ordinarily Resident–N8,795,684 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-10
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$57,270 EFM/MOH – US$49,311 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-05/5*
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All Applications should be Submitted to: [email protected]
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.