RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Senior Program Specialist Job Opening at RTI International
Job Position: Senior Program Specialist (Service Delivery)
- The Overall responsibility of the Sr. Program Specialist is for the design, direction, and implementation of the Service Improvement component and program activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with Senior Specialist in Governance, Civil Society Strengthening, and Budget Transparency components to ensure compatibility and consistency across the technical components.
- Coordinate with other USG assisted programs to find areas of complementarity.
- Contribute to and assist with LG and CSOs assessment activities.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to design and deliver training to local government officials and members of civil society organizations.
- Provide final written and verbal reports on program activities as at when due.
- Coordinate data collection, information dissemination, training and other program activities with Governance Program Coordinators, Communications Manager and Capacity Building Manager.
- Assist LEAD financial managers to ensure that timelines and budgets/ financial disbursements for project implementation activities align.
- Ensure quality supervision and mentoring for Junior Specialists and Governance Program Coordinators on service delivery activities.
- Ensure timely preparation of cost-share information on activities with Government partners of the Project.
- Anticipate program needs, making and following recommendations.
- Collaborate with M&E to ensure monitoring is consistent with required results and provide written and verbal feedback to program management staff as needed.
- Attend meetings and represent the project on technical issues with/to implementing partners, development partners, and stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned by the leadership of the Project.
Required Experience Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors’ Degree and 10 years or MA degree plus 6 years’ experience
- Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, International Relations, Development Studies or related fields.
- Experience in Northern Nigeria preferred
- Excellent technical and managerial skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player who works well independently.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please email their cover letter which summarizes how your relevant skills and experience are a match for the position sought and CV in reverse chronological order to:[email protected] Also include the position applied for in the subject of your email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer