Now eHA has nearly 800 staff and continues to provide innovative solutions, and plays a critical role in public health interventions across four countries in West Africa: Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia.
Job Title: Senior Program Manager
The Senior Program Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of all ongoing programs/project including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. Other responsibilities include supporting communications activities, attending meetings, and establishing and maintaining relationships with partner agencies. The Senior Program Manager is responsible for managing all Program managers, and is responsible for the success of the programs and the development of new programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates activities of all Program Managers
- Collaborates with Program Managers on partners/clients relationships for all project related items
- Responsible for maintaining an up to date work plan overview
- Participates in long and short-term program development and planning, and the development of new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Develops and effectively manages program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables.
- Monitors program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual and grant commitments.
- Serves as a resource to project managers for all inquiries, and issues resolutions for project management, contract budget and remediation, and regulatory document preparation
- Supervises and responsible for contracts and financial management for programs. Ensures budgets are tracked against contract milestones.
- Performs any other duties assigned by management. May travel between work sites.
Performs any other duties assigned by management.
- May frequently travel in country to project sites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision. Presents complex ideas and anticipates potential objections. Clearly communicates any ramifications of decisions and issues to project stakeholders, and presents alternatives.
· Supervises and writes reports on the program for management and donor agencies.
· Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
· Participates in corporate strategic planning activities and Apply project management theory to the organization business challenges
- Is consistently at work and on time & adheres to Policies and Procedures. Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Is consistently at work and on time and adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Project Management staff.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
· MA’s degree from college or university in Project Management or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience in Project and Program Management, including a minimum of Five (5) years of different donors management experience preferably in an NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership skills, including experience preparing scopes, schedules, and budgets for proposals and projects.
- Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess initiative and good problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Must possess strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective project teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Exemplary skills with leading and managing multidisciplinary teams, as well as mentoring other team members in a clinical research setting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting group effort and achievement.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows Microsoft Publisher, and Microsoft Office Suite. Graphic designs software.
Using job tittle as subject of the email, please send cover letter (suitability statement) and resume as a single PDF or MS word document to [email protected]