Dexis is seeking a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation candidate for an upcoming multi-year USAID-funded contract with the overall goal of assisting USAID/Nigeria to become a premier practitioner of program monitoring and evaluation with an embedded learning and adaptive culture to ensure Mission activities strategically align with USAID/Nigeria’s CDCS development objectives.
The ultimate expected results are to strengthen USAID’s M&E system, to enhance M&E capacity of local entities, to improve accountability and the use of empirical evidence for programming, learning and adapting, and to maintain strategic alignment with the Development Objectives outlined in the Mission’s CDCS. The work location for this position will be in Abuja, Nigeria. This is a long-term position expected to start in 2016. This position is contingent upon award.
Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will:
- Oversee the enhancement of the performance reporting system
- Lead the design and application of methodologies in all aspects of the monitoring and evaluation program
- Lead the application of approaches to the Mission’s data gathering and analyses for assessments, evaluations, baselines, data quality assessments and other M&E data gathering efforts
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the performance reporting system meets the needs of stakeholders
- Provide key expertise in the design and analysis of results which will be a core aspect of the Mission’s Collaboration, Learning and Adapting component
- Build M&E capacity in USAID/Nigeria and its implementing partners
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development, economics, knowledge management or related
- 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring and evaluation with monitoring and evaluation activities within complex international development contexts in the areas of Health, Democracy, Governance and Conflict, Economic Growth, Education and/or agricultural
- Excellent team work, inter-personal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation
- Ability to conduct field work in areas with hardship conditions, in remote areas, for extended periods of
- Strong M&E information systems background, either experienced in leading teams that have developed M&E information systems or direct information systems, is preferred
- Strong quantitative, analytical background in cost-benefit analysis, econometric methodologies, or statistical systems, is preferred
- Fluency in English, written and oral
Winner of the 2014 Small Business of the Year at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and working in nearly 90 countries in FY 2015 for USAID and the Department of State, Dexis supports US federal agencies in the areas of program monitoring and evaluation, program learning, and program support. We are not only one of the fastest growing firms in international development, we are rated among the highest among our peers on employee-reviewed sites.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply