Crossover is redefining the way people work. Brick and mortar offices are history. The future of our global workforce will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent.
Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing remote contractors. Our platform connects customers to the worlds best talent for both technical and non-technical employment. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long term growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Developer – Java
Position type: Full time (40 hours per week)
- Ready to make $80,000 while working from the comfort of your home? Eager to join a network of the most talented remote workers in the world?
- If so, this role is for you. You’ll earn the most competitive wages on the market, collaborate with the most skilled teams in your field, and work for the most elite companies in the world. Sound too good to be true? Take a closer look.
- As a Senior Developer – Java, you’ll own a key piece of a cloud based java stack. You’ll have end-to-end responsibility for the delivery and quality of this component, including its development, testing quality, deployment and production reliability.
- Crossover is partnering with the hiring company to fill this position. Crossover specializes in finding and managing the talent in today’s global workforce and will help you through the recruiting process.
- The hiring company is moving the discipline of software development forward. By applying the principles and quantitative rigors of manufacturing to the software development world, they are allowing organizations to benefit by scaling their technology teams rather than being burdened by their size.
- This has required a ground up approach to architect for high reliability and massive scale, while keeping an eye on cost and quality.
- This is a role where you have access to the big picture and truly sharpen the broad set of skills required to own a software component in today’s cloud based world. You should only apply for this role if you truly want to build and own great technology.
- Development – You’ll spend 80% of your time writing JDK 1.8 code with that time split 50/50 between writing new code and creating test cases
- Support – Every developer rotates into a support role for 1 week every two months
- Methodology – You’ll be expected to use jira to track active work, close tickets and create new tickets as necessary
- Automation – Your code will be added to an continuous delivery system and should maintain that level of deployment and test automation
Required Experience and Education
- 6+ years of experience as both a hands-on architect and a software engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering (further education is a plus)
- Team based thinking in creating high quality software
Proficiency in the following skills and technologies:
- Java 1.8 (Maven, Spring, JUnit)
- Linux and its command line tools
- Amazon Web Services including S3, EC2 and Elastic Beanstalk
This role may be a great fit if you have the following skills:
- A willingness to embrace the concept of iterative development as the means for building excellent products
- Perfectionism: knowing how it should be done and not stop until it’s done right
- Excellent communication skills (in English)
- Readiness to give all the effort necessary to do an excellent job – even if it means putting in extra time to research the problem you’re facing
- Salary: $40/hr.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply