Investopedia, the single largest website for financial education and information, is seeking an experienced editor to join our rapidly growing organization on a full-time, freelance basis, in the position below:
Job Position: Senior Financial Content Editor
- The editor will be responsible for managing a variety of editorial tasks and articles through to publication. He or she will be adept at editing complex financial ideas and strategies into clean, easy to understand, actionable articles. He or she must be organized and able to deftly prioritize a wide variety of projects to consistently meet deadlines without compromising quality standards.
- The ideal candidate is ambitious, detail-oriented, has experience in digital publishing, investing news, business news, newswires, financial education, and/or magazines and expresses the can-do attitude that is essential to working in a small company environment.
- Fluency in American English, a solid knowledge of financial markets (particularly U.S. markets), and ability to appeal to an American readership are required.
- This is a remote, full-time position, reporting to the editorial team based in New York, New York.
- Edit articles related to investing, trading and financial planning for digital publication, covering topics such as portfolio management, financial advice, mutual fund and ETF analysis, stock analysis and retirement investing while adhering to Investopedia guidelines.
- Frequently write and update content on landing pages.
- Oversee that voice, tone, format and development of content suits Investopedia’s readership
- Ensure that content is produced at consistently superior quality, including flagging stories that may damage Investopedia’s credibility.
- Ensure that all content follows Investopedia’s search engine optimization (SEO) strategy.
- Use reliable third party sources to confirm writers’ claims are relevant, accurate and up to date.
- Work closely with freelance writers on idea formation and implementation, overseeing the process of transforming editorial ideas into strongly written, stand-alone content.
- Communicate regularly with the content operations team to ensure understanding of key metrics in order to meet long term business goals and to form solid reader retention strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Economics, Mass Communication, Business, Finance, Economics or related fields. Relevant professional designations and candidacies desired (FRM, CFA, etc.).
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Basic knowledge of or willingness to learn SEO best practices and Google Analytics.
- 1 – 3 years of prior experience in a financial publishing company preferred.
- Avid reader with solid understanding of finance, stock market fundamentals, and U.S. Markets.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including copy editing.
- Impeccable grammar.
Salary will range from 250,000 NGN – 350,000 NGN per month, depending on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
Note: That Investopedia may conduct a full background check for accepted applicants, including salary, academic credentials, and professional experience