Welcome to the MacTay Group. At the MacTay Group, we are driven by the belief that limitations are only a figment of the imagination and with commitment and the right team, anything is possible.
We understand that when you are not willing to change, then what you can achieve is incremental, but when you are willing to change things, you open up an entire world of possibilities.
This is why we constantly seek to innovate, evolve and all of our subsidiaries have been born from this belief.
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
- • To lead and be responsible for the monthly reporting for these areas, income and expenditure, ensuring that information produced is robust, accurate and owned by appropriate individuals.
- • To support the Head of Financial Management and Junior Accountants with the development and implementation of the Group’s medium to long term strategy.
- • To be responsible for the management and development of a team of Junior Accountants and reconciliation officers.
- • To support the Head of Financial Management in the delivery of corporate tasks and objectives, assuming responsibility for the delivery of a range of tasks.
- To manage and develop Junior Accountants within the team, providing leadership as well as the setting of appropriate objectives. To identify gaps in the knowledge of team members and to put in place training systems and processes to ensure these are closed so the entire team can operate as an effective unit, providing the highest level of support to this post and to its customers.
- To develop robust forecasting systems and models, in association with financial planning, clinical services, information services and service level agreement teams. To ensure these systems are monitored for accuracy and assumptions are challenged with appropriate individuals to ensure that information presented is robust, accurate, deliverable and owned by relevant individuals.
- To work with all corporate departments to benchmark their services from financial and non-financial perspectives and to develop reporting mechanisms to monitor and assess relative performance.
- To work extensively with the financial accounting, systems and capital teams as required in order for these areas to carry out their responsibilities.
- To lead on assigned on trust wide corporate projects
- To lead on finance wide projects
- To work with other finance departments and corporate services to identify opportunities for improvement and enhancement within financial processes and to lead on the implementation of required changes.
- To deputize for the Head of Financial Management as appropriate, requiring a wide understanding of the main issues affecting the Trust and interrelated links.
- To lead on the development and assessment of corporate wide cost improvement schemes, working with managers and clinicians to carry out financial and activity modeling.
- To support the Head of Financial Management with the development and enhancement of reporting and tracking systems.
- To support the Finance Managers and Junior Accountants in the modeling of activity, income and expenditure in relation to complex business case developments and funding proposals, both internal and external to the Group.
- To lead the overall annual business planning and budget setting process for corporate departments within the portfolio and to support the Junior Accountants in delivering required tasks for their designated areas.
- To identify opportunities for information or quality improvements within the wider Financial Management team, supporting the Head of Financial Management to ensure every opportunity is taken to develop and enhance the provision of an expert Financial Management service to the Group.
- To provide a high quality financial management reporting service with a focus on identifying trends, risks and opportunities, communicating these to senior finance staff, corporate department management teams and to the executive team in such a way that its use informs management decision making.
- To attend key meetings to lead discussions on the financial performance of all corporate departments.
- To lead the overall use of service line reporting and patient level cost information within the portfolio of units. To support Finance Managers, Junior Accountants and clinical unit managers and clinicians in understanding the detail behind this information, in identifying opportunities and in using this information to influence decision making.
- To support the Finance Manager – Reporting, and other Finance Managers and Junior Accountants within the team to ensure service line reporting and patient level cost information is accurate and robust, and to support them with the development and reporting of this information.
- To support, Junior Accountants, departmental and line managers in understanding their income position, and in the identification and implementation of income maximization opportunities.
- · To be responsible for the personal and professional development of Finance Managers and Junior Accountants in the team.
- · To be responsible for the setting of objectives for staff in the team and the assessment of those objectives through the personal development review (PDR) processes.
- · To be responsible for the recruitment and selection of staff.
- · To be responsible for the effective management of the performance of staff in the team.
- · To assist in the development of staff in the wider Financial Management team to meet the changing requirements of the Group.
- · To maintain the integrity of the Group’s financial systems, procedures and reports.
- · To maintain professional standards within the Financial Management team.
- · To ensure that all financial policies and procedures are adhered to.
- · To deputise for the Head of Financial Management as required.
- · Any other duties as may be required by the Head of Financial Management and Managing Director.
- · To undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in line with the relevant institute requirements.
- • The candidate should have relevant qualification in accounting or business administration, and equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- • Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- • Advanced PC skills, particularly knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel software.
- • Excellent communication skills, with fluency (spoken and written) in English.
- • An interest in conservation.
- • Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- • Good knowledge of GAPP, IAS, SAS and IFRS.
- • Experience in SAP or ORACLE preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply