Over the past 50 years, Churchgate has played a major role in trading, manufacturing, banking and real estate in Nigeria. Today, the vision of our Company is to become the most prominent, reliable property developer in Nigeria’s currently fragmented market. We aim to be at the forefront of projects that will transform Nigeria’s cities.
We have developed a strong reputation that is based on quality and service, and our projects consist of bespoke office towers, luxury residences, and cutting-edge logistic centers. We currently own a land bank in excess of two million square meters in Nigeria has have a strong pipeline of projects that include world-class shopping malls and 5-star hotels.
We are always on the look out for top talent both locally and internationally, so if you feel you would be a good fit, please feel free to forward your CV.
Job Title: Senior Facilities Manager
The Senior Facilities Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of facilities service delivery at the World Trade Center, Abuja. The WTC Abuja is the only mixed-use development of its kind in West Africa, located in Abuja’s Central Business District. It is a composite development, comprised of high-end residential apartments and AAA office towers, a 5-star hotel and a shopping mall.
- The Senior Facilities Manager (SFM) is responsible for managing all aspects of facilities service as detailed within the facilities designated.
- To ensure the coordination and delivery of a cost-effective, efficient and client-focused Facilities Management (FM) service for all buildings (both residential, commercial and industrial) belonging to the Group
- Work in close collaboration with FM Service Providers/Partners in a positive and progressive way to ensure facilities/repair funds are spent in the most efficient, effective and economic way.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, gain consensus for, and implement the Best Practice / building operation Plan for assigned assets.
- The SFM is responsible for the management, supervision, and professional development of all direct reports (e.g., Facility Managers, etc.).
- Establish written goals and objectives for employees directly reporting to the role of FM. Conduct periodic formal and informal performance evaluations. Develop training program and career path for property employees. Assure succession planning.
- The SFM is responsible for working directly with the client to ensure a thorough understanding of their objectives and the implementation of acceptable property-specific operating strategies that achieve these required standards. Once developed the FM must oversee the implementation of all approved initiatives and programs, by managing and coordinating the efforts of the FM team (e.g. service providers, contractors, and building employees) to achieve the goals
- Work with the Financial Manager to prepare the final budget documentation / plans and administers the works to ensure budget compliance.
- Inspect facilities and equipment to determine extent of service and equipment required. Recommend, justify, develop and coordinate with the team, projects that enhance the value of the office buildings.
- Arrange for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of facilities as specified in the operating procedures, management plan and / or management services agreement
- Maintain role as primary contact for clients relative to service requests. Proactively meet with Client’s representatives on scheduled basis. Communicate regularly with the client’s representatives, providing necessary support and information on the status of all areas under his/her management.
- Approve purchases of supplies and equipment for use at managed buildings.
- Prepare periodic inventory of building contents and property condition and forward listing to Management for review.
- Employ or contract for services of janitorial maintenance and landscaping personnel and onsite management personnel, as delineated within the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement. Submit hiring recommendations to Group Head FM for approval.
- Participate in-group process as appropriate.
- Ensure that all defined services are completed in accordance with all operating procedures, statuary requirements, and within the Health and safety guidelines.
- Proactively involved in ensuring that services are reviewed and refinements made to enhance these services.
- Develop a close working relationship with all of the vendors under his/her control to ensure that they fully understand the Client culture and are made to feel part of the team delivering a high quality service.
- An Engineering Degree qualified in an appropriate Engineering discipline (e.g. Mechanical/Electrical/Building Systems Engineering).
- MSc and Facilities Management Certification will be an advantage
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Senior management position
- Proven capacity to understand and interpret commercial contracts
- Strong budget management and financial analysis skills
- Ability to manage soft facilities management function(Cleaning, Helpdesk, Front of house and other related responsibilities within the soft FM function)
- Proven skills in internal communication with clients
- Strong leadership and management
- Proactive change orientation mindset
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment
- Proven self-starter that consistently delivers to outcome specifications
- Proven experience of operating in a similar role and environment
- Experience of working in high rise building with high occupancy
- Knowledge of local health and occupational safety requirements
- Knowledge of critical facilities
- Knowledge of vendor management for specialized services
- An understanding of basic technical aspects of property (Computer Room Air-conditioning, Chiller system, Fire Protection system, Mechanical & Electrical system, BMS system)
- Proven competency in the use of Auto Cad (Drawing and interpretation)
Remuneration is competitive
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply