Etisalat’s vision is a world where people’s reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Senior Engineer, Packet Switch Core Vacancy at Etisalat
Job Position: Senior Engineer, Packet Switch Core
- Perform PS end to end troubleshooting, conduct Packet core health checks, and carry out end to end KPI analysis and Performance optimization
- Ensure the implementation, maintenance and operations of Packet switch nodes and effectively monitor all data related links
- Supervise the integration of new SGSN/GGSN nodes and ensure effective acceptance of the nodes
- Ensure prompt resolution of internal Roaming Data Challenges as stipulated with the timeline
- Monitoring of all data service link (Gi, Gp and blackberry)
- C0-ordinate the integration of new BSC and RNC to the packet nodes
- Ensure the implementation of new roaming partners and troubleshooting as requires
- Follow up major data network activities on daily basics and ensure fault free operation
- Perform impact analysis of software upgrade for SGSN/GGSN nodes and provide necessary recommendation as required
- Co-ordinate the routine maintenance of Packet switches in line with standard policies and procedures
- Supervision of all CRs implemented by EOT team on Packet nodes
- Ensure effective analyses of the Packet performance reports and proactively resolve any challenges
- Ensure daily monitoring of alarms generated from the Packet nodes and prompt resolution
- Supervise the configuration of Huawei routers and switches as deployed in the network
- Ensure effective implementation of firewalls in the Packet domain and security policies are adhere as required
- Ensure that the PS Core nodes availability targets are achieved
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Carrier and Data Services.
- First Degree in Electrical/Electronic or Computer Engineering.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Three (3) to five (5) years relevant work experience
- IP Knowledge with minimum certification as CCNP (will be an added advantage)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Especially Excel).
- GPRS (SGSN/GGSN) operational experience with focus on troubleshooting.
- Fault analysis & Performance reporting/analysis.
- Personal Effectiveness.
- Problem Solving.
- Passion for Excellence.
- Empowering people.
- Growing people.
- Team work.
- Customer Focus.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidate should Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date