Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Through Networks, Nokia is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
Job Title: Sr. Engineer – Configuration Mgnt
Plans and executes technical tasks requiring specialist skills in own professional area. Works independently with the responsibility for solving customer request cases and reporting according to processes. Identifies and solves technical problems. Shares knowledge in own professional area. May support areas by participating in emergency and 24/7 duty.
• Ensure that the BSS/RAN data stored in the Network Operation Centre corresponds to the data in the field
• Create/Extend new sites/ existing sites (parameters, SW, HW config.)
• Keep records on new installations
• Implement and coordinate activities such as integration of new sites, TRX expansion, BTS /NodeB rehoming, ET cutover, and site upgrade.
• Configuration/Definition via NMS or MML of BTS Parameters, Handover Control Parameters, Power Control Parameters, TRX parameters and all BSS related parameters, as specified in work orders.
• Implementation of Work orders and Changes in parameters of the network for optimization
• Run regular data consistency checks
• Re-homing large number of BTS’s/NodeB’s
• Responsible for XMLs implementation using CM Operations Manager ( CM Provisioner and CM Plan Manager )DELIVERABLES / PERFORMANCE MEASURES (Goals and targets to be achieved, reporting etc.):
•Problems solved or escalated to the correct group/team.
•NE’s downtimes decreased, meeting SLAs
•NE quality in the network improved
•Fault Rectification according to SLAs
Good communication skills, excellent conducting of spoken and written English
Personal Attributes: Ability to work in virtual operations / matrix organizations and distributed sites.
Customer relationship skills
Networking and multi cultural understanding
• 2 years hands on experience on configuration management for NSN BSS/RAN equipment
• At least three years experience in operating telecommunication networks
• Experience in networking and collaborating with different units
• Hands on experience in NetAct 5.X OR recent
• Ability to work in a team made up of staff with diverse cultural backgrounds
EDUCATION (recommended level of education/knowledge):MSc., BSc. / three to five years industry experience
How to Apply