Petrolio UK Ltd is a market leader in the selection and provision of qualified and experienced engineering personnel to clients within the Power Generation and Oil & Gas Industries, globally.
With over 30 years combined industry experience and a proven track record in worldwide deployments, Our aim is to provide a bespoke service to our clients ensuring that we meet each criteria specified to us by matching the most qualified and appropriate candidates.
Our candidate database is an ever expanding asset and is an efficient way of adding capacity into most capabilities and gives our clients the flexibility of staffing required to meet the possible fluctuating demands associated with large scale projects.
Petrolio UK are currently recruiting for a Lead Systems Engineers for one of our major UK clients who are a leading provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to worldwide oil, gas and process industries.
Job Title: Senior Drilling Engineer
This role is in Nigeria with a rotation option of 4/2/2 (4 weeks in Nigeria, 2 weeks leave, 2 weeks in UK office)
Salary on offer – £80-100k p/a + uplifts
Systems Engineers are responsible for ensuring that the overall system design and integration requirements for an integrated subsea production control system fully satisfy the contractual requirements of the customer, meets all functional specifications, and complies with Company standards. Although system engineers must be knowledgeable of all aspects of a subsea system, the incumbent typically specializes in one of 4 areas: Control System, Manifold System, Oil Tool System or Interface Management. Coordinates activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems.
I. Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the system requirements across the entire project for the Company scope of supply within the relevant area of responsibility.
- Plans, directs and or participates in:
- System testing and qualification such as FAT, SIT and SRT;
- Operational safety activities such as HAZIDS, HAZOPS, FMEA, risk analysis, and reliability studies;
- Project execution activities and design reviews;
- Fabrication and installation activities
- Creates, maintains and manages the package Action register. This activity will require regular reviews and expediting the Engineering team to close out assigned items.
- Directs and coordinates activities determining overall field layout and detailed design specifications to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions. Provides handover support.
- Provides technical analysis and recommendations on overall system design for proposals including feasibility of design or application and viable alternatives that benefit the Company while satisfying customer needs.
- Responsible for ensuring that the field architecture and user requirements are integrated into the design and implementation of the manifolds, connection systems, tree systems, control system, flying leads and umbilical’s.
- Implements and monitors the Management of Change process.
- Assist in the development of the Design Basis Document, Project Execution Plan, and System Engineering Plan. Primary responsibility for Design Basis Document.
- Ensures internal and external interfaces are fully understood and closed out in a timely manner.
- Develops the field P&ID’s and process drawings.
- Investigates failures of products or processes, implements appropriate corrective actions, captures lessons learned, and interfaces with the customer to ensure satisfactory resolution and quality control measures.
- Works closely with the Lead Package Engineers for the various disciplines to ensure they understand and implement system requirements.
- Oversees subcontracted activities such as RAM and FMECA analysis, flow assurance, hydraulic analysis, riser analysis and soil analysis.
II. Span of Control:
Offshore Systems projects typically range in value from $50,000,000 to $300,000,000. Liquidated damages, late deliveries, product failures/component incompatibilities, etc. can erode profits margins if not managed effectively. Incumbent does not supervise people, but is responsible for all technical decisions involving control system components and interfaces.
The Oil Tool System Engineer, Manifold System Engineer, Interface Engineer, and Control System Engineers comprise the core technical project team, which develop plans, procedures, and documentation that control the technical execution of the project. Technical liaison with the customer.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar technical field plus 7 years’ related experience. Post graduate education such as a Masters or PhD in Engineering may be substituted for up to 2 or 3 years experience respectively.
Thorough knowledge of control systems and a keen understanding of their impact of changes in other parts of the subsea system on control systems and umbilical’s.
Experience on offshore systems projects or EPC contracts.
Black Belt or Green Belt certification
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
May be required to travel domestically, internationally or offshore to potentially dangerous or hostile environments, which may require preventative or precautionary immunizations, medications, or procedures.
The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts at the Company’s plant locations, at project sites, as well as offshore locations. Required personal protective equipment may include: safety shoes, hearing protection, eye protection, hard hats, fire retardant clothing and hand protection.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply