Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation. We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products.
The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
Senior Compliance Supervisor, Lifting & Hoisting
• Develop work instructions and guidelines (where required) for safe and efficient execution of Lifting & hoisting activities in Shell Nigeria
• Drive compliance program for implementation of standards, rules and regulations relating to Lifting & Hoisting operations both in Primary & Secondary Logistics in Shell Nigeria.
• Develop and implement strategy for compliance monitoring and carry out periodic audits of Major Project Sites, Land Rig sites, Logistics bases etc accross onshore and offshore activities, to verify that Lifting & Hoisting operations are carried out in line with established standards, guidelines and practices.
• Organize awareness campaigns and workshops to continually educate stakeholders on zero tolerance for non-compliance to Lifting & Hoisting standards.
• Monitor Health Safety Environment (HSE) performance in the business to ensure zero lifting and hoisting fatalities and Lost Time Injuries (LTIs).
• Provide expert advice for lifting & hoisting equipment operation and maintenance to ensure total reliability of such assets used by Shell Nigeria.
• Manage all Lifting and hoisting operations across major projects (onshore and offshore) and Well Engineering by providing professional leadership in these aspects of the business.
• Liaise with the Discipline Lead/Authorized Subject Matter Expert (ASME) to manage training programmes and manage the competence of all lifting and hoisting personnel in the Production, Project teams and Well Engineering.
- A minimum of Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Sciences or Related disciplines
- A minimum of 7years experience in Logistics Business in Exploration & Production (E&P) with a minimum of 4 years in Lifting & Hoisting operations.
- Proficiency certifications from:
- Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA) or their equivalent
- Lifting Organizations and Lifting Equipment Regulation (LOLER) competent person training
- Management Of Lifting Operations (BS7121 – Appointed Person) Certification
- International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) certification on Safe use of Lifting equipment
- Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organization (OPITO) level III rigger certification will be an advantage.
- Excellent Health Safety Environment (HSE) Leadership skills
- Good technical knowledge on hydraulic systems, wire ropes, rigging operations, container specifications and handling.
- Pre & post tender contract management skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to applyonline.