Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser.
Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. It is the world’s largest software maker measured by revenues. It is also one of the world’s most valuable companies.
Microsoft Devices Group helps customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a global team of exceptional people who deliver world class services with partners, earning customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by Improving the overall Customer and Partner Experience, Serving as the customer advocates within Microsoft and driving customer-centric product improvement.
Have you got what it takes to keep us ahead in an industry that’s moving at break-neck speed? Sounds fun? Sounds challenging? If so, join us!
Our Near East and North Africa (NENA) unit is looking for a highly motivated, successful sales leader to run their Sales operations business for the region as the Head of Sales Operations, Africa Region.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Senior Business Development Manager Job Vacancy at Microsoft
Job Position: Senior Business Development Manager
- The Head of Sales Operations, NENA Area, covers the channel and retail strategy for the Near East and North African markets; enable sales teams to maximize value by implementing superior shopper experience at retail, optimized channels, improving sales productivity and developing word class capabilities.
- To drive the Retail, Distribution and Account and Sales Management agenda in the Area and to improve the Sales effectiveness and efficiency at Area level by supporting them on their competency needs
- This role is primarily responsible for driving the change management towards new sales strategy and implementation of selling excellence framework in the Areas.
- Together with Area Implement selling excellence framework in Area in line with Global guidelines
- Work with relevant global / region functions to ensure that all aspects of retail management are implemented effectively. Ensure that there is alignment with global guidelines. These activities include but are not restricted to city mapping, business modeling, partner selection and management, retail marketing, merchandising, sales capability (training), reporting, retail execution evaluation (REE), store deployment.
- Drive special projects (Value & Volume) in Area aimed at improving effectiveness and efficiency in Retail, Distribution and Sales processes.
- Use LTC, Mystery shopping, RSS, Retail Audit data to identify gaps and develop and implement necessary corrective action plans
- Have full accountability of Channels and work cross functionally with sales channels and other functions to ensure necessary SLA’s and KPI’s are delivered and take lead in cross channel governance .
- Share best practices within the SOPS community.channel health and drive implementation of upstream projects wherever necessary to drive effectiveness and efficiency
- Drive channel data completeness / quality and manage/resolve local data collection challenges, Ensure proper data analysis and provide business insight to the sales teams.
- Take lead to roll out common Sales processes and support deployment of Sales and Retail competencies in Area.
- Provide support to Area head / sales teams in developing and driving necessary channel and sales KPI’s and merchandising needs and providing support for effective sales planning including SMR..
- Develop and Deploy process, framework and governance for effective utilization of sell-out rebates. Together with sales teams and Merchandising optimize ROI on rebate spending.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- We need a leader with strong Bbusiness Insight with a focus on customer, channel and market understanding and essential Business Planning skills with focus on customer value propositions, Financial Acumen. His/her main role entails leading & coaching with a focus on providing direction, gaining support via logical and rationale engagement. Strong consumer and solution focus with Retail functional competencies and Operator business understanding is required.
- We are looking for a first class individual who has exposure to managing and developing major accounts. You will need to be a strong leader, able to motivate and develop large sales/account management teams. The successful candidate will be comfortable developing a culture that engenders success through results. We are looking for an individual with a passion for execution and an eye for long term strategic initiatives
- Demonstrate experience in defining and implementing a channel/distribution strategy resulting in business target achievement.
- Bachelor graduate, with post grad preferred but not essential.
- Strong Sales, Marketing and Channel understanding and good insights into key support functions including branded retail management experience;
- Broad understanding of Operator, Retail and Distribution channels.
At Microsoft Devices Group there are unlimited opportunities across the globe. We cultivate employee ownership and leadership at all levels. This is your opportunity to be part of a high performing team that evolves, learns, and has fun together. It’s about learning from, and being inspired by, colleagues who help you succeed in your current role and future career.
One thing is certain: you’ll never stand still at Microsoft Devices Group. Come join the team to maximize our company’s commercial performance by offering the customers solutions that support their differentiation and commercial success in this fast growing region.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to Apply