Skill Enhancement Centre (SENCE) Limited – We are a Business Consultancy firm focused on small/medium businesses. Our goal is to provide our clients with the support they need to grow their businesses by providing them with value-added and convenient services in a friendly atmosphere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Auditor
Job opening ID: 192
Job type: Full time
Roles and Responsibilities
The following are the roles and responsibilities of this role:
- Conduct assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end
- Supervise junior auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables
- Review computer-generated reports to determine if accepted accounting procedure was followed in recording transactions.
- Communicate assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results
- Make recommendations regarding improving operations and financial position of company.
- Establish guidelines for discovering and preventing fraud.
- Examine company payroll and personnel records to determine worker’s compensation coverage.
- Establish and maintain client relationships.
- Organize personal effort along with those of junior auditors to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times
- Ensure adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression – proactively seeks relevant Education and training opportunities
- Ensure adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
- Develop audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives
- Obtain and review evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented
- Count cash on hand, inspects notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and cancelled checks.
- Verify journal and ledger entries of cash and check payments, purchases, expenses, and trial balances by examining and authenticating inventory items.
- Identify and communicate issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
- Ensure audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk
- Review data regarding material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Prepare reports for management concerning scope of audit, financial conditions found, and source and application of funds.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- HND/ B.Sc in Accounting (minimum)
- ACCA, ACA/ AAT would be an advantage.
- Proficient at data analysis – should be able to support CEO with data interpretation
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to Multi-task
- Communication/ People Skill
- Minimum of 12-15years Audit experience
- Managerial experience
- Taxation, FIRS, LIRS Experience
- IT literate – proficient in accounting software – SAGE/ Peach tree/ Quick book/ Dynamo, etc
- Work experience 12 years and above
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online