Walcoss Consulting offers a product of inspired professional management consulting services to a focused clientele who desire to distinguish themselves from the teaming competitors in their industries.
We envision a business climate in Nigeria which is gradually revolutionizing into a global one to be guided by key universal business principles. This has been our driving force and has led to a reinvention of our service offerings and our mode of delivery. We are highly energetic and self-motivated to take our clients to the top of their industry and to maintain such position. The proprietary tools we use are generated in-house and highly probing to unravel minor issues beneath the obvious.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Associate Lawyer – Female (Litigation)
- Excellent knowledge of litigation in lower court, Appellate court and Supreme Court is required.
- Communicate title findings to various parties while consistently working in a team setting.
- Utilize available software and basic plotting skills in comparing title documents.
- Maintain responsibility for multiple on-going assignments and adhere to continual deadlines.
- Knowledge of Arbitration and Litigation Procedure with reference to Oil and Gas Industry.
- Rendering Legal opinion, original drilling opinions, supplemental opinions, acquisition opinions, division order title opinions, leasehold title opinions and banking title opinions.
- Regular review and interpretation of title abstracts, certified title opinions, related title documents and with the Oil and Gas Industrial in Nigeria.
- Gather and organize title curative information and compile documentation into comprehensive title packets.
- Familiarity with the oil and gas industry.
- Effective communication skills in writing, business presentations and interpersonal communication.
- He or she must be skilled in the preparation of oil and gas leases, amendments, assignments, ratification, mineral and royalty deeds, operating agreements and Litigation.
- Candidate MUST possess 10 years and above working experience in Litigation, with oil and gas title issues.
- Experience in negotiating and drafting of transnational documents such as leases, assignments and participation agreements, as well as curative material is a plus.
- Litigation experience/knowledge and LL.M Degree would be an added advantage.
- Supervisory and team-building skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of work-related confidentiality.
- Ability to utilize title “tools of the trade” software products and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to utilize appropriate surveying methodologies.
- The ideal candidate will have experience advising clients on oil, gas, and mineral title issues, pooling and unitization, community leases, and matters related to undivided mineral ownership and leasehold estates.
Attractive and competitive in line with industry rates
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected] ensure that you specify the position you are applying for in the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th October, 2015.