The National Competitiveness Council of Nigeria (NCCN) is a private-public effort aimed at enhancing the productivity of businesses operating in Nigeria with the ultimate goal of improved socio-economic outcomes for Nigeria. It is largely driven by the private sector, with government playing a supportive and enabling role.
Following approval by the Federal Executive Council in 2012, the NCCN was inaugurated on February 4th 2013 by Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The Council draws membership from a diverse group of highly accomplished local and international business people, the President’s cabinet, academia, and experts in the competitiveness space. The NCCN has been largely incubated in the private sector with support from strategic resource partners.
- Senior Analyst
Job Summary: The Senior Analyst provides support for the Council in an administrative function as directed by the NCCN CEO and senior management. Support the NCCN CEO with the provision of expert policy and financial analyses that supports the organization’s work streams. To provide leadership research and studies. To negotiate, lead and act as a liaison with government and non-governmental key stakeholders. He/She supports the daily management of the Council secretariat and assigned work streams. The successful candidate will also interact and support a high calibre spectrum of stakeholders.
Primary Duties (Including, But Not Limited To):
- Managing the agenda of the NCCN board and key work streams; organizing the logistics of working group meetings
- Manage the governance, finance and administration of the NCCN working groups
- Providing detailed research and analysis on issues of Nigerian Competitiveness multiple stakeholder groups
- Liaising with Partners, Sponsors, Government departments, Academics private sector, and other relevant organisations bodies on competitiveness
- Performing roles as delegated by the NCCN CEO
- Building support for business competitiveness throughout the country.
- Managing one or multiple projects with various partners, sponsors, government entities and organisations.
- Assisting in developing strategies for policy implementation.
- Stakeholder liaison and fundraising
Applicants are expected to have:
- University degree. Minimum second class upper
- Master’s Degree; preferably in public policy, development studies, or any relevant equivalent with business environment
- PhD would be an advantage
- Knowledge of global and business competitiveness
- Leadership skills
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
- An understanding of indices used to measure and track economic, social and environmental performance in both the public and private sector.
- Work Experience:
- 3+ years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Good reporting/writing ability on Economic, Finance or political Issues.
- Project related experience that includes experience in successfully developing and managing projects with fairly significant operating budget and knowledge of process redesign; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Strong management potential while demonstrating the necessary drive required to achieve results on high-profile initiatives.
- Experience garnered should indicate the ability to lead, deliver and implement multiple, large scale, multi-disciplinary and complex policy projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Should exhibit capacity to lead, direct and manage change initiatives and shifting priorities.
Stakeholder Management Communications and Political Acuity
- Should have excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills along with a strong sense of political acuity to deal with a variety of sensitive issues.
- Must be a strong negotiator who can influence others to find collaborative solutions for complex issues.
- Should have demonstrated knowledge of government policy development and decision-making processes.
- Should have demonstrated the ability to integrate planning, research, stakeholder input and analysis for practical application.
- Must have knowledge of economics as well as finance and investment analysis.
- Renewable Energy Market Advisor (REMA)
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should please submit CVs and cover letters to: [email protected]