Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Job Title: Senior Analyst
To identify, analyze, dimension and manage the key risks facing the bank (primarily credit risks) for standard credits, complex credits including FI’s, syndicated loans and other complex transactions, including transactions involving derivatives and market risks, with the key objective of ensuring a healthy portfolio and minimizing financial losses.
Provide supervision, leadership and training to junior analysts.
In view of the need to preserve as well as maximize shareholders wealth,particularly in a dynamic environment like Nigeria, it is imperative to have a strong risk management framework adequately staffed with the requisite risk expertise, to ensure a healthy risk asset portfolio, and entrench best-in-class risk management practices.
- Timely and good quality initial, interim and annual credit reviews which comply with institutional and regulatory guidelines.
- Analysis of complex transactions, customers and industries including FIs, syndications, acquisitions and other Corporate Finance/Treasury initiatives, including derivatives and market risk impacted transactions; with capacity to provide policy and process knowledge and guidance, as pertinent.
- Preparation of the Country’s scenario plan
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of the Country’s business and risk strategy
- Prepare stress tests and rapid portfolio reviews.
- Coordinate risk training
- Coordinating and managing credit Management Control Assessment process
- Providing training support to junior analysts/RMs (Relationship Managers)
- When designated, act as back-up to the Country Risk Manager (CRM).
- Conducting industry credit reviews (ICRs) and Target Market studies.
- Obtaining the required credit approvals and ensuring approvals are current
- Early problem recognition, monitoring identified risk triggers and raising credit red flags.
- Supporting remedial management initiatives and/or actions, where necessary
- Ensuring the implementation of agreed action steps identified to address credit issues (including issues raised by credit reviewers, ARR, regulators etc.).
- Maintaining customer interface and developing contacts; regular credit calls on customers.
- Monitoring events in the local and global environment; understanding of impact on bank’s credit assets.
- Undertake special tasks assigned by CRM (Country Risk Manager)
- At least 10 years banking experience, of which at least 5 must have been in a credit related role involving analysis and/or business leadership.
- Proven track record in risk management leadership in originating and/or analyzing and/or reviewing/approving credit requests and proposal.
- Knowledge of institutional & regulatory credit policies.
- Industry and/or specialized knowledge covering key sectors of the economy.
- Product knowledge (Including Cash Management, Trade, Treasury products, Loans and Corporate Finance)
- Proven track record in conducting and/or actively participating in portfolio, industry and/or sectorial reviews and analysis, including articulation, co-ordination and implementation of action plan.
- Attendance of Basic and Intermediate Credit Risk Trainings. Attendance at line reviews and/or FCR will be an advantage.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skill.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Strong management and organization skills
- Strong computing skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Minimum of a university undergraduate degree.
- A postgraduate degree in a financial and/or business discipline, or a professional accounting and/or financial management qualification, will be an advantage.
How to Apply