GardaWorld is one of the world’s top security companies – we are the largest privately held security services and business solutions provider to Fortune 500 companies, governments, businesses of all sizes and humanitarian relief organizations throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
At GardaWorld we only employ highly qualified and technically proficient staff to ensure the optimum levels of ability and expertise for our clients. In return, we provide a rewarding work environment with abundant room for professional growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: PSD Operator Or PSD TL
Req Id: 45682
Location: Lagos Nigeria
(As the project dictates) (Unarmed)
Job Type: Contractor, GW Consulting Middle East Limited
Start Date: Early November 2015 (Subject to confirmation).
- GardaWorld will provide the Independent Contractor with appropriate accommodation, insurance, and life support. Further information can be found in the GardaWorld Contractor Travel SOI, copy will provided upon acceptance
- GardaWorld will provide economy flight tickets. The Hub Airport designated by the Company for the Consultant will be located in the United Kingdom and will be the most cost effective option available to the Company at the time of booking a flight. Operational effectiveness will also be considered when booking the flight. Such Hub Airport may not be the one geographically closest to Consultant’s residence and, as such, may require Consultant paying for the cost to and from such airport or making up the difference if Consultant resides outside the United Kingdom
- The purpose of the security personnel provided by Consultant to Company is to provide a presence that may help to reduce the risk of damage to Company’s facilities or injury to Company’s personnel in connection with Company’s security program.
- Personnel are to maintain a presence, to observe and, if appropriate, attempt to cover and evacuate in the event of an incident.
Duties May Include:
- Conduct duties as Team Leader or Operator (Vehicle commander) of Mobile Security Team.
- Protect clients, company employees and assets, working premises also conduct mobile security missions outside of secured areas.
- Command and control of the PSD, to ensure team members are adequately informed, skilled, equipped and supervised to conduct their duties safely, in compliance with GOI rules and regulations, GardaWorld policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Remain patient and flexible at all times to the client’s needs without compromising safety.
- Gather and analyse information / intelligence required for the planning, rehearsal and safe execution of a PSD mission.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise PSD members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their work.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Accurately compile and submit according to set deadlines, the required PSD reports and returns.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the day to day team administration and training.
- Maintain a high standard of welfare, morale and discipline in the team.
- When on contract the staff member must be fully operational on a 24/7 basis, ready to respond to any kind of emergency / threat.
- Submit on time, the required documentation for the approval of PSD missions according to GardaWorld SOPs and GOI rules and regulations.
- Build and develop client relationship to achieve mutually agreed goals.
- Ensure that GardaWorld Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed at all times.
- Liaise, meet with the client in the appropriate manner.
- Report all incidents according to GardaWorld and GOI rules and regulations, policy and SOPs.
- Assist the Team Leader to maintain operational oversight and control and delivery of monthly training to the team.
- Assist the Team Leader to maintain control over company assets including vehicles, communications and other sensitive equipment.
- Produce security briefings to team members and clients.
- Comply with company and clients policies and regulations.
- Produce clear written and verbal reports, incl. preparation of background information and forward analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- English speaking expatriate; Arabic is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years exemplary military or law enforcement service, plus 3 years PSC experience
- Familiar with self-driving B6 armoured vehicles
- Having experience in working with the Nigerian security services (Nigerian Army, Mopol, Police, SSS, NSCDC) for static and mobile security operations (coordinating and implementing security support through state institutions) is regarded an asset
- Having worked with GardaWorld before and being familiar with PSC-1 is regarded an asset
- Must have Nigeria experience in the north and north-east of Nigeria
- Must have relevant experience in an arduous or challenging area
- Will have a recognised Close Protection qualification or attended CP Training, for example SIA licence CP
- Physically fit and smartly presented
Must have following skill sets:
- Communication equipment and voice procedure
- Navigation and map reading skills and the use of GPS
- Basic infantry tactics
- Experience in the training of multi-national personnel
- Proven IT skills in all Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to follow instructions
- Must have experience in communicating with the authorities and representatives of security services
- Prepared to travel in country and as required by the Client and GardaWorld
- Familiar with Islamic culture.
- Qualified in First Aid e.g. First Person On Scene (FPOS) – Intermediate
- Must have report writing experience
- Must have finance management experience (petty cash and expense reporting)
- Must have experience in writing security plans, evacuation plans and conducting Site Vulnerability Assessments
- Must have team management experience, including journey management planning
- Project management experience is an asset
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online