African Development Bank (AfDB) established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the Government, is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Secretary/Receptionist – CDFO
Position N°: 50070435
- The African Development Bank Field Office in Democratic Republic of Congo (CDFO) has been established to strengthen the dialogue between the Bank and the Government, development partners, the private sector, and the civil society, in the design of the Bank’s development policy and programs, as well as on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the poverty reduction strategy. CDFO also seeks to assist the operational functions of the Bank Group in launching and following up projects and programs in Democratic Republic of Congo with a view to enhancing project management, promote participatory approach, and regional integration.
- The African Development Bank invites applications from qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of Secretary/Receptionist to the Resident Representative, Democratic Republic of Congo Country Office. This is a local position based in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Resident Representative and in collaboration with the Democratic Republic of Congo Office experts, the Secretary/Receptionist will be required to perform the following duties:
- Make appointments for experts and other staff of the Country office and keep their schedules up to date;
- Participate in staff meetings, take notes and produce reports in the absence of the Resident Representative’s secretary ;
- Draft correspondence on non-substantive issues and ensure its follow-up;
- Manage the experts’ incoming and outgoing mail and the office’s telephone communication;
- Maintain an appropriate filing system; process experts’ back-to-office reports, ascertain the quality of documents requiring the approval and / or signature of experts and other staff members;
- Receive visitors and attend to them with tact and discretion;
- Prepare briefing material used by experts for official missions and special meetings;
- Handle protocol-related issues concerning reception of the visitors of experts and of the Office;
- Organize experts meetings ; assist the Resident Representative’s secretary in coordinating official receptions given by the Resident Representative;
- Prepare and finalize draft correspondence (letters, faxes, etc. …) concerning various aspects, on behalf of experts, prepare minutes of experts ‘meetings; and
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Administration or a related field, supplemented by training in secretarial functions/administration/office management, for example, a Pitmans qualification, a Brevet de Technician Supérieur (BTS) in Secretarial skills, Diplôme Universitaire de Technologie (DUT), etc.
- Confirmed competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems would be an asset;
- Ability to take initiative; enthusiasm, team spirit, good organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication in French and/or English and, with a working knowledge of the other.
- Ideally a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience on rising grade levels, attached to an executive’s office, preferably in an international organization;
- Highly client oriented, able to multi-task, giving attention to detail and able to work with a multidisciplinary team;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 19th October, 2015.