SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
JOB TITLE: Associate Manager – Lean – Nigeria
To provide leadership of the transformation, including driving improvement in results and supporting the continued building of capabilities at the plant. Responsible for the deployment of Lean methodology/Total Productive Management (TPM) in the plant. Provide support and collaboration for all Pillars for the implementation of Manufacturing Performance System (MPS) in the plant. To optimize the efficiencies of all production lines and other related functional areas by reducing production and process waste.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND COMPETENCY PROFILE
- Responsible for developing and driving site Focused Improvement (FI) strategy; building knowledge base, capability and standards, and providing FI-related support to the site Pillar teams.
- Institutionalize Kaizen process, root cause training module and supported site activities on MPS Assessment & decks, etc.
- Continue to drive the Lagos lean work and support on special projects related to Lean Flow Pillar pilots.
- Assist other Pillar/teams to attain their objectives when required and if possible.
KEY JOB MEASURE
Achieve the glide path objectives agreed for the fiscal year in an atmosphere of employees’ peaceful coexistence that fosters team spirit and innovation.
KEY RELATIONS WITH:
- Manufacturing Manager: To liaise with Manufacturing Manager with regard to daily and monthly tracking of the plant performance, MPS Process Capability assessment, Focus Improvement Pillar.
- Production Manager: To lead daily Genba (plant tour), analyze line performance, carry out Pareto analysis and carry out root cause failure analysis with a view to resolving minor stops, chronic and sporadic losses on the line.
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance: To collaborate and support the Quality Pillar in delivering on the Plant KPIs as per the glide path target.
- Engineering / SHE Lead: To provide engineering, utility and safety supports with regard to sustaining optimal production processes. Support the Early Management; Training and Development; and Planned Maintenance Pillars.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
Lead, Lean – Required Skills and Education:
- TPM experience,
- Advanced knowledge of TPM and Lean Manufacturing processes and tools,
- Excellent management skills and leadership experience,
- Very good command of English,
- Passion for the transformation – Passion for driving change and delivering results,
- Technical abilities and analytical skills – An exceptional ability to analyse and creatively solve problems, analyse performance and improvement,
- Lean knowledge – mastery of the lean principles and the transformation approach cross Operating Systems, Management Infrastructure, and Mindset, Behaviors and Capabilities,
- Leadership and management skills – Strong leadership, people skills and communication abilities essential for successful and sustainable change management,
- Adaptability – Ability to integrate into a new working environment with ease. Ability to harness the right support and is seen as a valuable resource by personnel in each site,
- Impact focus – Relentless drive to eliminate system waste,
- Influencing – Able to interact and help Management/Production employees to see the need for change, be change agents, and to act on the change,
- Project Management,
- Presentation skills,
- Collaboration with business partners,
- Development Orientation and Organizational Excellence,
- Strategic Thinking.
- Six Sigma certification is a plus
- Known mobility
- required bachelor’s degree with high preference in Engineering
- minimum 3-7 years of TPM or Lean Manufacturing experience in Manufacturing industry
You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply