Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer – Consultancy
The purpose of this role is to manage and maintain the country office MEAL resource bases; to feed into organisational reporting processes and strategic decision making; to strengthen existing knowledge of monitoring, evaluation and learning at the Country office level and area/field offices; and to provide support to monitoring, evaluation and learning in cross-cutting themes, as necessary.
Duration of Consultancy
This consultancy is for a period of six(6) months with an opportunity for a permanent role subject to satisfactory performance on the job.
Key Areas of Accountability
Manage and maintain country office MEAL resource bases:
- Manage the research/evaluation pipeline and facilitate the quality check and summary of evaluations received
- Ensure research/evaluations are catalogued in an accessible manner to enable technical review and extraction of learning
- Maintain the catalogue of Monitoring and Evaluation training resources
- Support the maintenance and continued improvement of the research registry/lessons learned
Support knowledge management and learning initiatives at the country office:
- Facilitating monitoring, evaluation and learning trainings
- Support the extraction and analysis of learning from a range of data sources
- Develop and use appropriate communication formats and methods for the dissemination of analysed learning
Support to organisational reporting processes:
- Contribute to the production of country office annual reports and country annual plans
- Ensure access to key information / documentation using the shared drive
- Contribute to organisational knowledge management initiatives to improve dissemination of key learning and achievements support the annual Total Reach process, liaising with advisors in thematic teams, and producing reports for internal and external audiences, as necessary
- Provide support to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning in cross-cutting themes, as necessary
- Support the development of M&E frameworks and systems; support the design of baselines, needs assessments and surveys
- To perform such other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the MEAL team
Skills & Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 2 years of professional experience.
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal). The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Good interpersonal skills
- A flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to manage and prioritise workload
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based applications and advanced statistical package utilization e.g SPSS,STATA-12,DHIS etc)
- Excellent data management and IT skills, and experience of finding practical ways to manage data using IT solutions; good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning
- Some knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collection methods
- Good understanding of accountability principles in terms of donors and organisational management but critically also to beneficiaries.
- Fluency in Hausa language, spoken and written
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th November, 2015.