Save the Children International is a ‘dual mandate’ organisation and as such equal priority will be given to both humanitarian and development work.
This is the only way we will be able to ensure that some of the fundamental rights that we believe children have, such as survival, safety and constant access to protection and education can be guaranteed. As part of a commitment to work with children through humanitarian interventions Save the Children will support programmes in both sudden onset and chronic emergency situations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Consultant: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Zamfara State
Ensure implementation of the M&E plan for Health & Child Survival programs including monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to program officers and government counterparts to ensure that the data collection, data management and reporting, are of the highest possible quality.
Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1: Coordinate Data Collection, Data Quality Management, Analysis and State level Reporting:
- Participate in the design of programme monitoring and evaluation tools (registers, reporting templates, data bases, etc.) to track Health and Child Survival projects
- Support the M&E Advisor to implement the DQA system including the conduct of data quality assessments according to the M&E plan
- Support the M&E Advisor in data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other research as required
- Plan, forecast and facilitate the production and supply of M&E tools and materials to supported sites
- In collaboration with MOH and relevant SC staff, ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to programme M&E plan
- Conduct monthly data analysis and prepare monthly programme IPTT monitoring reports
- Ensure the programme database is updated regularly
- Support programme feedback meetings to communities, facilities and authorities
Objective 2: Support Programme Supervision, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the M&E Advisor to monitor Health and Child Survival projects at the intervention states and communicate provide findings and progress to Program Managers
- Participate in evaluation of Health and Child Survival projects, focusing on data management of evaluation datasets.
- Support the dissemination and use of evaluation and research reports and propose changes for improvement to the Health Team.
Objective 3: Support Documentation, Reporting, Knowledge Sharing and Effective Feedback Mechanism:
- Support coordination of health projects monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reviews and reports as required.
- Work with state teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Update shared drive and project team space with program monitoring documents regularly
- Participate in dissemination of program information to communities, children, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism
- Manage the beneficiary complaints and feedback mechanism database
Qualification & Experience
- 5 years previous experience with local and international NGOs
- Previous experience in Health System Strengthening programmes using the National HMIS software
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based applications and advanced statistical package utilization example SPSS,STATA-12,DHIS)
- Fluency in English, Hausa spoken and written
- Ability to work in partnership with government and development partners
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th December, 2015.