Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
Location: Borno, Nigeria
- To provide IT technical services to Borno and other field offices by troubleshooting IT issues, ensuring timely maintenance of all communication/IT equipments.
- S/he will provide all needed IT services to and also act as a part of the SCI Nigeria IT team during an operation request.
The Information Technology Officer shall be accountable on the following key areas in Borno, other field office of Save the Children International program in Nigeria:
- Support Borno and other field offices on network troubleshooting ensuring an effective network connection. and maintain the entire local area network installed at the supported office locations
- In consultation with the Area Operations Manager and other team-leads, ensure that visitors (including staff from other locations, ERPs and consultants have the necessary IT assistance to enable them carry out their official assignments during their visits.
- Troubleshooting and maintain the network devices e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Maintain record of the local network, VPN connection and the wide area network installed and terminated in his/her supported location.
- Configure and install systems and set up new users.
- Perform IT hardware inventory update as necessary.
- Set up projectors, printers, photocopiers, fax machines, digital cameras, etc. for everyday office use and as necessary for meetings, etc.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance/checks, and troubleshoot problems with his/her assigned field offices. Ensure all IT hardware equipment and computer accessories/peripherals are maintain effectively.
- Ensure all IT problems within the office are identified and solutions found and implemented.
- Ensure the field/sub-field bases supported by him/her have a well installed and functioning voice network (IP PBX). All devices are functioning and the service is cost effective
- Troubleshooting technical problems with mobile subscriptions and IP Phone.
- Ensure radio and satellite equipment is operational. Ensure satellite phones are working and SIM cards are activated at all times
- Ensure good asset management at the office(s) he/she is supporting through maintenance of an accurate and up to date asset register and inventory tracking system, in close collaboration with the Logistics and Administrative Officers
- Responsible to make sure that all assets (IT and office equipment) is correctly used
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff and record all asset movements and disposals of IT equipments
- Providing first level on IT helpdesk support in assigned field offices
- Communicating any service disruptions to users, opportunities and other relevant policies
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager
Security and Backup:
- Keep the network and all computer systems safe, secure and virus-free.
- Report any alleged or suspected misuse of IT systems/equipment, lapses of security and major violations of organizational standards to the in-country IT representative.
- Ensure proper backup of all staff information, files and folders.
Other Support Responsibilities:
- Provide a regular activity/progress report to IT/Information Manager on all aspects of IT operations, highlighting any issues encountered and special initiatives taken etc.
- Participate in and as part of the program network IT representative manage by the IT/Information Manager
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures, including safeguarding children, code of conduct, etc.
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position preferably in Northern Nigeria.
- Proven knowledge of PABX, hardware maintenance and ability to solve simple hardware problems; this includes set-up and management of network devices e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Solid experience in maintaining, trouble-shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows-based (local area) network
- Solid background maintaining, trouble-shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows server 2008.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent, Hausa- Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Excellent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including XP, Windows 2003, and Window 7, and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organisational skills, including the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; have strong interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Level of Education – Degree in IT or a related IT certifications.
Prior Experience Expectations:
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 3
- Experience in Server and Active Directory Management
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Open to Nationals only
Application Deadline 16th May, 2016