Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Katsina, Nigeria
The driver would be esponsible for the maintenance, care, and safe driving of all SC vehicles, and assist in providing logistical support and assistance as needed:
- Ensure that, at all times SC vehicles are driven in adherence to all procedures outlines in the SC Transport Policy, Security Guidelines, and Health & Safety Policy.
- Check all SC vehicles daily as per policy, and report any problems to the line manager.
- Keep the vehicles clean and tidy at all times, both interior and exterior.
- On a weekly basis, ensure that a basic toolkit (as specified in SC policy) is in place. Report missing/damaged items to the line manager.
- Ensure that SC vehicles are parked in a safe and protected compound overnight.
- In the event of a vehicle accident, ensure that all SC policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure that the line manager is informed of all travel movements throughout the day.
- Maintain a vehicle log book on a daily basis, ensuring accurate entry/documentation of:
- Daily kilometres travelled (including dates, times, and locations.)
- Number of fuel litres purchase and cost.
- Date and cost of regular maintenance and repairs conducted on vehicle.
- Oil consumption of vehicle and cost.
- Date and cost of replacement of tyres and other major spare parts.
- Ensure that the fuel tanks of all vehicles are filled at the first working day of the month, at the same time as the opening kilometre reading is entered in the log book.
- Report any problem or fault with the vehicle immediately to the line manager, and advise accordingly on the appropriate action to take.
- In the event of a vehicle breakdown, ensure all SC policies and procedures are followed.
- Use the information from the log book to prepare a “monthly vehicle return/report form”, and submit it to the line manager by the second working day of each month.
- Other – Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th May, 2016